HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

METAL:A HEADBANGERS JOURNEY Did you see this movie???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krokus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: METAL:A HEADBANGERS JOURNEY Did you see this movie??? Reply with quote

Today i saw this kind of movie very nice made by a heavy metal fan. Many famous people are in it like BRUCE DICKINSON, LEMMY, SLAYER, DIO etc....He goes to Wacken festival, to LA were he talks to VINCE NEIL, later he goes to Norway to talk about the early 90s Black metal crimes, he talks to TONI IOMMI etc....You realy have to watch this movie because its nice(but not perfect of course). Specialy if you are a metal head, yeahhhhh.
http://www.metalhistory.com/ (just for more info AND A TRAILER).
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good flick. I saw it for free at the cinema and bought the dvd a few months later.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want to see it. It's been a while since I could stay awake through a movie. Maybe working at a movie theatre for so long has made movies seem boring to me.

I keep saying I'll rent it, but when i get to the store they don't have it.

Is there any real reason to buy it? It's just a documentary right? Are there live performances or videos that would make it have any replay value?
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the dvd. It's very good even though they gloss over a lot of other things and that I disagreed with some of the film.
metalcelt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are showing it on VH-1 this month

Good stuff...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty crappy actually, but maybe for a fan that hasn't seen some of the things he shows then it might seem cool- or to a fan who needs metal defined for him. I couldn't help but think that some of the fans he actually interviewed were complete poseurs. Not to ruin anyone's fun, but this whole "I'm metal so I do what I want" attitude is way overdone. I'm pretty sure pop fans can do what they want if they want- and they don't have to pretend like they're different to do it. The metal "culture" has become something of a blight on what is more important to me: the quality music from these bands playing heavy metal.
krokus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jake"]I thought it was pretty crappy actually, but maybe for a fan that hasn't seen some of the things he shows then it might seem cool- or to a fan who needs metal defined for him. I couldn't help but think that some of the fans he actually interviewed were complete poseurs. Not to ruin anyone's fun, but this whole "I'm metal so I do what I want" attitude is way overdone. I'm pretty sure pop fans can do what they want if they want- and they don't have to pretend like they're different to do it. The metal "culture" has become something of a blight on what is more important to me: the quality music from these bands playing heavy metal.[/quote]

Maybe you should try to watch the movie with a positive attitude, just for fun and not take it to serious. I respect your opinion Jack and you are right in many ways but i think the movie can be great if you watch it with different eyes. Try it Wink Very Happy
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by watching it with a positive attitude, but I wasn't trying to dislike it. It didn't really introduce anything out of the ordinary or particularly interesting, and some of the things he focused on reminded me of things that I've begun to dislike quite a lot. which I mentioned already. I did like some of the interviews- like the one with Bruce Dickinson for instance.
krokus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jake"]I'm not sure what you mean by watching it with a positive attitude, but I wasn't trying to dislike it. It didn't really introduce anything out of the ordinary or particularly interesting, and some of the things he focused on reminded me of things that I've begun to dislike quite a lot. which I mentioned already. I did like some of the interviews- like the one with Bruce Dickinson for instance.[/quote]

Okay Jack. I just thought wrong. You dont like the macho heavy metal attitude Laughing . Their is much of that in the movie, thats true. I liked it but i can understand your point of view.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: