HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW MEMBERS !!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_on_guitar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Im Rob from New Zealand, found this place after finally being showed a metal station thats worthy of the net!

Cool
oddioguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob... Welcome!
It's amazing the number of peeps I'm meeting from Aust and NZ these days!
guitronics

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: HIGH,Headbangers Reply with quote

I live in Flint,MI. Love Edgy Music,esp. Rock & "Hard Blues".

I play guitar,do 'tronix,work in a factory.

I LOVE HARDRADIO.

I listen to it on a Winamp player,with OGG Vorbis codec.

The only thing I'd like to change is: I don't get song/band scrolling,only "HardRadio" in the info box.

Anyone know how I can do this?

Question
unlikelyzero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm Noel from Silver Spring, MD. My heart is with metal but I also like blues and classical.

My favorite metal music is Metallica, Pantera and old Korn. My first concert was the And Justice for All tour about 20 years ago. I have to admit that I am the stereotypical metal fan that doesn't know much outside of what's played on the radio. So I will have to listen to this station on a regular basis until I find some new thrash/speed metal bands. After listening for a couple weeks, I have found one so far. Its Benedictum.
guitronics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumbass me...I just found out how to get the song title and artist.

It's right on the page after the "Enter" is clicked on the guitarist.

Duh....It's in a small box on the left lower screen with the title:

"NOW PLAYING" .

Guess I should ask for any "Media Players" which support OGG VORBIS that scroll this song/artist information.

Hey, I'm gonna be 55 later this year...that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. Embarassed
TomCat39

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone
I'm new to the forum but an oldie to Hardradio. I've been listening off and on since around 1996 or 1997. I forget which summer exactly....

Anywho, I'm 36 and love all types of music, but usually rock/metal orientated. And yes even that Country and Hip/Hop R&B is good if the song is good.

I'd bet there is a country song you all like even if you claim to hate country. A couple of good ones that were giant hits would be Harry Chapin's "Cat's in the cradle" or Kenny Roger's "The Gambler". Both are country. :-p

Anywho, music for me is everything and Hardradio has introduced me to some of the best hard rock and soft to medium metal artists that I know.

As for growlers, it takes the right kind of ear but there is a talent/skill too it and not just anyone can pull it off. To the untrained ear, it sounds like the singer just screaming to a brick wall but after you listen to it for awhile, you find it's a whole new kind of instrument in the mix.

An example of someone with multi range scream/growling would be Dani Filth of Cradle of Filth. That man can controllably scream like very few can.

Enough rambling about growlers though, my favorites happen to be the female growlers, mmmmm sexy! Very Happy

I love Hardradio [HR] and am working out how to listen 8 hours a day in the warehouse via smartphone and bluetooth speakers. I just can't get enough.[quote="guitronics"]Dumbass me...I just found out how to get the song title and artist.

It's right on the page after the "Enter" is clicked on the guitarist.

Duh....It's in a small box on the left lower screen with the title:

"NOW PLAYING" .

Guess I should ask for any "Media Players" which support OGG VORBIS that scroll this song/artist information.

Hey, I'm gonna be 55 later this year...that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. Embarassed[/quote]
Sadly my friend, I am not aware of any media players that pull both the now playing java applet and play ogg. Winamp currently plays ogg natively but won't pull title and artist info.

I believe that HR purposely doesn't stream the artist and title info to deter stream rippers. Sadly, there are a ton out there and if they had title and artist info send to the media player, stream ripping songs from HR would be simple as pie. Gotta love the honest world we live in eh?

Oh and almost forgot, I reside in Western Canada. Glad to meet up with yall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: