HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Owens out again :-(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Owens out again :-( Reply with quote

Barlow is back in Iced Earth. I think this was a bad move on Jon's part and credibility is lost. Oh well, I bet Barlow will quit again after the first tour.

Hello Dear Friends!
Once again the winds of change are upon us, and this time I can say that I am very happy about the result.
While out on the European tour I had several in depth discussions with many loyal Iced Earth fans. A common theme of these discussions was how much Matt is missed. I agreed with the fans that things were not the same and that it was a very special period in Iced Earth’s history.
When I heard several months ago that Matt was going to be doing a project in music again, I was thinking about contacting him and seeing what his intentions were. I didn’t act on this because I was so focused on the writing of the new epic, and frankly, it just didn’t seem realistic.
Well, after getting out on the road and speaking with many of you directly, I decided to call Matt and see how he was doing and if he was interested in working together again. I am proud to say that he is coming back to Iced Earth and we will be getting back to work in the studio very soon.
Matt will be singing on Part 2 of the Something Wicked concept CD and we will be looking forward to getting out on tour and delivering a series of Iced Earth shows that will rival any in the history of the band. And there will be a proper DVD filmed from this period, something we’ve all been waiting for.
I want you all to know that it was you who made this a reality. I have missed Matt’s presence onstage and in my personal life in a big way over the past few years, so I appreciate your honesty in our discussions. It did help me realize the decision to move forward with pursuing this. The fans have spoken and we have delivered!
You true fans know that I’m a straight shooter, I say what I mean and mean what I say. And though I value your opinions greatly, you must believe that this is a decision that comes completely from the heart and is not motivated by anything other than what feels the best for Iced Earth. This is the way that things have always been dealt with, for better or for worse, but always honestly and from the heart.
Tim Owens is a great and talented singer and I wish the best for him and his future on a personal and professional level.
There will be more news soon as to further developments and plans. This will push back the release of Part 2 a bit. Not because we couldn’t be ready to record in time, but because of a new addition to Matt’s family in early 2008!
I am very happy to announce that Iced Earth is truly BACK!
Have a great holiday season. We’ll be in touch very soon with more details.
Jon Schaffer
TageRyche

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Owens in Iced Earth, but that being said, Barlow is my favorite IE singer.

For me this can only be seen as the good.
Badboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best news I've heard this year. The hell with Owens...Barlow is Iced Earth.
Metal1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both singers are great in their own right. I thought Barlow became a NYC cop, what happened there?

Anyhoo, I don't think Barlow will be able to sing most of the Owen's songs, just like Owens probably didn't sound good doing Barlow's stuff.

Way to make a firm stand Metal1!

Lol, whatever happens, you just have to wish Owens the best in the future, and hope that Barlow brings back some magic.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that Barlow got a government job after 9/11 happened.

This was pretty sudden. I just hope Jon and Matt can recapture the magic they had before Matt left. As for Ripper, I'm sure he's plenty busy with Beyond Fear and his dozen other projects. It's not like he'll be standing on the corner with a sign saying "WILL SING FOR FOOD."

It's kinda funny though, this is the second band he's been kicked out of cuz the previous singer came back.
ArkRed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought that IE blasted balls! I've heard both singers and both are badassed, so quit whining and keep rockin!
jer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barlow now has 3 gigs.

Iced Earth
Law Enforcement
Pyramaze

Thats going to be one busy dude.

I'm a huge Owens fan. I loved his stuff in IE. I love Barlow's too.
Both are great IMHO.

Its too bad we can only have 1 or the other.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad they can't replace that hack on guitar - Jon Schaffer.
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome news. I really have missed Matt's vocals. I can only imagine what he would have sounded like on [b]The Glorious Burden[/b]. Don't get me wrong Tim has an incredible voice, and I wouldn't hesitate to pick up any of his new material if he decides to move forward with singing.

With that said, I'm wondering how the "indepth discussions" with the fans actually came about with Jon? I guess I just can't imagine someone coming up to Jon after (or before) a show, or any other time and saying something like this,
[i]. . . Dude, you guys are great, except I don't like your singer, why not try to get in touch with Matt again . . . and, have a nice day[/i].

It just strikes me as bullsh*t. The probably truth is that Jon misses Matt's vocals more than anything.

Regardless, I think it will be good fit once again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: