HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progpower USA in Atlanta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtstein

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Progpower USA in Atlanta Reply with quote

I have heard of ProgPower and live in the Atlanta are, and I would love to see Iced Earth who I heard is headlining. Has anyone been to Progpower before? I wanted to go last year to see Primal Fear, but I could take or leave the other bands, so I didn't go. What is it like there? I was thinking about taking my 13 year old daughter. Is it like Ozzfest? Or is it a drunken bar party all day? I'd appreciate comments about the atmosphere there and how the format is to watch from anyone out there that has been in the past. Thanks!
Icarus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Progpower USA in Atlanta Reply with quote

Every year I drool at the band list - wanting to go, but it's not in the cards for me - mainly money. This year looks to be incredible.

There used to be a few regular posters on this forum who would go, but I'm not sure now.

The atmosphere sounds awesome, pre-parites, and a state of the art venue that only seats a few thousand people. How could a metal fan go wrong? I bet by the middle of the weekend, you've made a crap load of friends with similar interests. - try doing that with the thousands of skate rats at [b]Ozzfest[/b] , with all of the commercial advertising, and other crap around . . . it's not going to happen.

Also, I don't think it can even be compared to [b]Ozzfest[/b], just by the sheer talent of many of the artists that play - sure they're not mainstream like many of the [b]Ozzfest[/b] bands of the past, but my guess is that there's much more talent at [b]ProgPower[/b] I had been going to [b]Ozzfest[/b] for a while, but I was getting tired of the same old scene, every band seemed to have that freaking rough, cookie monster vocal thing going on, and I couldn't stand it. I'm not sure how this happened to metal, but the talentless singer routine has got to go.
FALCON

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You absolutely have to make it if you are in Atlanta Area...

I have come every year since PP2.0 so six or seven years.

The venue is killer about 1200 people real respectful and all into progmetal. Many debut acts into America have been incredible, including Evergrey, Therion, Nightwish, Rage and the event keeps getting bigger.

With Iced Earth and Barlow this is gonna really be incredible. Actually the people there are such a good time and the social aspect is great as well. General Zod, Woosta, and anamal are all Ole Hardbordians always there.

As for a thirteen year old, it is a great show and venue, but as with metal the language can stray, while most bands are highly professional.

It is dead on the best music show I see every year and I go to a lot of concerts... Very Happy

FALCON
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading to my first PP this September. Can't wait for the Helloween/Gamma Ray show the night before!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: