HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

parkway drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khernan05

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: parkway drive Reply with quote

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

anyone seen these guys??
i saw them on the thrash and burn tour

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. sooo good...
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thought:
they sounds like pantera and children of bodom and like tons of chilean bands of my region Until they sound like an american kinda emo band. they even sound like black metal in a part! jojojo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7usTgw-7XfM

after a little time:

they're like a mix of everything. I suppose people enjoy this music.
Not my cup of tea really. But way, interesting anyway. at least they have different parts and that make the tune interesting. Not that bad, it gets better as you listen.

They use an interesting cookie monster style that you have previously listened to in european bands, but it is always interesting to listen to a couple of nice played riffs, they sound similar to many european bands, i mean there's nothing new .....but...the thing of these guys (second tune I'm listening) is that they mix...like different styles in their songs.
tey even have melodic parts.
They have the style of the colony album for the band In Flames. Imagine that, and you get a nice idea of the band...(add a little of a "american modern sound" and some internal things)

consider this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2sRi8868RQ&feature=related

it doesn't even finishes t just has a keyboard in the end.

well, that's my opinion.
Not a bad band....a mix of everything.
When i see these...there are so many great chilean bands that necver ake it globally just because they're not in the States. thaks for the tip.

God, I just put an in flames bideo nd now they have a girl! hahahaha...this is so fun.
Oh, there are the voices again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Q_w74GHHk)

OK fellas, i'm of for now.

PS.- and when u said "they are so great" i was expecting "The new Ritchie Blackmore"-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: