HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LITA FORD press release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: LITA FORD press release Reply with quote

Can a beautiful woman whose family comes first be a hard rock icon and guitar star as well as a wife and mother of two boys? Sure, if she’s LITA FORD. After a 15-year hiatus from the rock’n’roll scene during which she married, moved to a remote Caribbean island, and started a family, the guitarist, singer and songwriter returns to the stage this summer to give her many fans a taste of her new album to be released this fall, Wicked Wonderland, and bring back to them the music that made her the Queen of Heavy Metal.

The album sizzles with the adult libidinal passion that Lita has found in her marriage to Jim Gillette, former lead singer of the band Nitro. Lita’s maturity and family life has anything but dampened her rock’n’roll fire, and in fact ignited her most fiery set of songs and brought even further force and finesse to her guitar playing.

As she has from the start of her career with THE RUNAWAYS through her many accomplishments as a solo artist, Lita continues to blaze trails for women in rock’n’roll. Now it’s as “a great wife and a pretty cool mom that just happens to be a rock star,” as she describes herself today.

Over some three decades of rocking as hard as any man, Lita forged a legacy of hit songs, best-selling albums and sizzling live performances. But after marrying fellow rocker Gillette, she set stardom aside to excel in another endeavor. “I needed to raise my sons and I needed to get them to the point where it was okay for me to travel,” she explains as she now hits the road again. “I didn’t want to travel with two little infants.”

Instead, Lita and Gillette made their home on a small tropical island where she focused on rearing and home schooling the couple’s sons, James (now 12 years old) and Rocco (age seven). She devoted herself to family with the same focus and drive that made her a musical legend. “When you have a husband and two boys to take care of, you never have any spare time,” Lita explains. “I know there are a lot of other moms out there that know exactly what I am talking about.”

Just as Lita pioneered new modes for women in rock music, her unique family life demonstrates how high love and devotion to a husband and children can be as dynamic and cutting edge as her musical endeavors. She resumed her musical career after the decision was put to a family vote, with both of her kids in favor of her rocking again. As they said to her, “Mom - you’re Lita!”

“This album is what got me to leave the island life behind,” she explains. “It gave me an excuse to take my family all over the world. They love it and are very supportive and behind me every step of the way.”

Plus their travel together offers an extension of the boys’ home schooling as she plays festivals and other select dates in America and Europe this summer. “Now it’s educational to take them out and show them places like Sweden and Italy and tour all through the United States.”

And even her stage shows are a family affair. Gillette serves as road manager and joins his wife on some songs to sing backup vocals and a few duets. James - a budding guitarist and singer - and Rocco also join in on the fun during her sets. “They throw balloons into the audience and get the audience to sing along. ‘I can’t hear you!’ Stuff like that,” Lita reports.

With Gillette and the boys all sporting Mohawk haircuts and Mom rocking out in leather outfits and stiletto heel boots, the foursome hardly appear to be the average parents and kids on their summer travels. But as Gillette notes, “even though we look like ‘The Addams Family,’ we operate more like ‘Leave It To Beaver.’”

“When we meet somebody, they’re not sure what to make of us,” Lita observes. “We’re an abnormal family, but we’re very tight.”

Now that she is back in musical action, Lita would like to continue being an inspiration and role model for other women who rock. “I hope to set the path for even more female guitarists,” she says. “Bet we’ll be seeing a lot in the future.”
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was really a pretty mediocre songwriter. The only stomachable album was dancing on the edge, which really wouldn't have stood out at all if it didn't have a girl playing guitar and singing. It was a pretty average release even among all the other by the numbers junk like Dokken, Ratt, and Motley Crue at that time.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but Doro Pesch will always be the Queen Of Heavy Metal.
lisaxyz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Guitar Hero Or Rock Band Making Rock Music Or Any Music In It More Commercial? People are beginning to like music by Guitar Hero or Rock Band, I know there good games but come on its commercial, I know they are listening to good music. What is your opinion on this? Commercial Or Not. Anyways please state why and a reason why, anything is accepted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Guitar Hero is a good game, but it does get a lot of attention to various sorts of bands. I don't see anything wrong with bands getting exposure due to the game, though it does seem funny seeing bands like Dragonforce [a power metal band!] getting that kind of exposure.

Power metal bands have never gotten that sort of attention in the US- look at Helloween and Blind Guardians extremely poor attendance in the states. And those bands were pushing that genre in Europe for decades. too bad they didn't have guitar hero to get their names out to the regular public.

The thing is that whatever promotion a band uses, there will always bands who don't make it as far as others, so I don't see what's wrong with bands being promoted by guitar hero.

I do have a problem with guitar hero, because it's a stupid game in my opinion. It's a glorified "simon says." The chords don't correspond to real chords on a guitar, and you learn only how to play the game not to play songs. I'd be in favor of the game if it were more complex with actual notes or chords. You can be tone deaf and still play guitar hero. I don't like that.
Swidman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jake"]
[b]I do have a problem with guitar hero, because it's a stupid game in my opinion. It's a glorified "simon says." The chords don't correspond to real chords on a guitar, and you learn only how to play the game not to play songs. I'd be in favor of the game if it were more complex with actual notes or chords. You can be tone deaf and still play guitar hero. I don't like that.[/b][/quote]
THIS!
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, I FIND THE GAMES AMUSING AND A LOT OF PPL LIKE THEM. THERE'S ONE IN WHICH YOU CAN SING OR PLAY THE DRUMS. i PLAY GUITAR ROCK TOUR IN MY nINTENDO ds AND i HAVE FUN TAPPING THE NOTES WITH THE STYLUS. IM NOT GONNA LEARN GUITAR WITH IT, IM GOING TO HAVE FUN, THAT'S WHAT GAMES ARE ALL ABOUT. If you dont like videogames u wnt like GHero or those ,usic games , if u can have fun and besides listen to some good rock music, it's all good babeeeee
i found this about the drum set http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSu-6rpvKJU

it's fun Very Happy "xDDDD"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: