HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DIO! rip! :'(
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DEFFY"]Nice touch, Hard RaDIO to remember Dio. [/quote]

That was our logo from our 1996 CD Premiere of Angry Machines. We've known Ronnie and Wendy personally since the late 80's and there were not two nicer people that you could ever meet. It was always a pleasure to work with them on promoting and programming Ronnies new music, or debuting a new guitar player like Rowan Robertson like we did back at Z-Rock.

Or the best part...seeing Ronnie in concert. I used to joke with him and call him the "troll of rock and roll" but what a huge presence he had. I never saw him on stage before the Sabbath/BOC Black n' Blue tour, but many many times since then.

We've lost one of our greatest song-smiths and voices. It is indeed a sad day.
DEFFY

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool story there about Dio.
I was actually surprised you did not start this thread or had commented upto this point.
Good to see ya here admin.

And yes...it is indeed a great loss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeahm sadly in deeed, as soon as i heard about it i want t share it with you guys, i shaked his hand when he visited us in chile. he will always be remembered and missed.
this friday my friends and I will meet in a dio survival celebration

he will always stay at number 1
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am crushed by the news...he had such presence on stage, he was like a dynamo! I don't care if you like his music or not, one of the greatest voices in metal has fallen silent. I put every track I own with Dio singing on my iPod, and I've been blasting it at work ever since, I hope you guys are all doing the same.

Aside from being such a force on stage, he was also a really down to Earth, kind man off stage. I was lucky enough to meet him once, and we just talked for like 15 minutes as if we knew each other for years. I think that was part of what made so many people in the industry respect him so much.

The HardraDIO logo should come back every year for a week to remember him, that is a really nice touch, Sir Admin Smile

Hail, RJD, you will be missed, but never forgotten \m/
The Coop

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very sad thing for sure. I had some time today to listen to music, in my car for four hours, a short business trip. My favourite place to listen to music, no distractions. I loaded my Dio mixes I'd made not quite a year ago. Two volumes spanning his entire solo career. Now I know I also need to add his band work also. Anyway, the man was very gifted no doubt. The range of his voice and the emotions they'd carry with the tunes just envelop you along with the themes and lyrics, what a storyteller! I can just picture him with his own children when they were young, reciting bedtime stories that he'd probably written. Many stories he wrote and told to his fans too, his rock 'n roll children. It's been somewhat consoling to read all of the tributes to him this week, describing the man as kind, generous, warm and patient. Many qualities we should all strive to acquire and live each day.

R.I.P. Ronnie James
Armitage

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=yellow]He'll be sadly missed, a real talent and what a voice![/color]
chris1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Live Rock and Roll
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: