HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Reign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrPhoenix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Free Reign Reply with quote

I hear this song a lot on HardRadio and I think it's pretty cool. Problem is, when I input the lyrics on a Google search, I can't seem to find the song. Here's the lyrics:

[quote]I can almost feel it
And I know what it means to me
I can almost taste it
In my heart it's meant to be

CHORUS:
One step away
from having it all
A step so far
when there's nothing left within my self to ever break my fall

For so long, I've chased this
Far away, but still so near
Haunted by this phantom
In the dark, but still so clear

CHORUS

CHORUS[/quote]

I appreciate it, guys! I work overnights keeping watch over a country music station, but as soon as I can, I put on the headphones and HardRadio! \m/

Last edited by MrPhoenix on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
MrPhoenix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Awesome song heard on HardRadio, need to find song title Reply with quote

[quote="MrPhoenix"]I hear this song a lot on HardRadio and I think it's pretty cool. Problem is, when I input the lyrics on a Google search, I can't seem to find the song. Here's the lyrics:

[quote]I can almost feel it
And I know what it means to me
I can almost taste it
In my heart it's meant to be

CHORUS:
One step away
from having it all
A step so far
when there's nothing left within my self to ever break my fall

For so long, I've chased this
Far away, but still so near
Haunted by this phantom
In the dark, but still so clear

CHORUS

CHORUS[/quote]

I appreciate it, guys! I work overnights keeping watch over a country music station, but as soon as I can, I put on the headphones and HardRadio! \m/[/quote]
I emailed feedback@hardradio.com and they were able to solve the riddle. It's "One Step Away" by Free Reign, a group of three former Dallas Cowboys with a kickass guitarist. I love this place!
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The three pro players were all with Dallas when the band was formed, then last year Cory Proctor got traded to Miami. So it's now two Cowboys and a Dolphin along with Justin Chapman on guitar.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Free Reign, here's a press release from yesterday:

DALLAS COWBOYS PLAYERS MOONLIGHT AS HEAVY METALLISTS IN FREE REIGN AND ANNOUNCE TEXAS RECORD RELEASE PERFORMANCE ON APRIL 16 

DALLAS – April 8, 2011 – With the April 19th release fast approaching of the full-length debut by Free Reign, Heavier Than Metal (via DC Rightside Music), the band – which is comprised of two Dallas Cowboys, singer Marc Colombo and bassist Leonard Davis, and a Miami Dolphin, drummer Cory Procter – has announced a special record release performance.

The outdoor concert will take place on Saturday, April 16th, from 5-11 p.m., in Davis' hometown of Wortham, Texas, downtown on Main Street, and will include performances from other rock acts, including: Thrown, Diamond Back, Reckless Intent, and Feel Never Real, in addition to Free Reign's performance. The location will also be easy for rockers in nearby cities such as Dallas, Fort Worth, Waco, Corsicana, and Mexia to make the trek to.

The band, which also includes non-footballer Justin Chapman on guitar, released the first single from Heavier Than Metal, titled "One Step Away," via iTunes on February 15th. Explains Colombo, "'One Step Away' is a song about feeling close to success - whether it'd be a band that has worked so hard but could not quite reach their dream, or a team/player that's accomplished so much but a championship just seems to elude them. What keeps people coming back is the idea that maybe this time nothing will stand in your way of achieving your ultimate goal."

Hometown hero Davis says, "The most important reason for doing the Wortham Show is to give back to the people who have supported me in everything that I've done. It's our hometown….where Justin and I grew up. Since we've been in the band, everyone has joked about us doing a show down there, but deep down I could tell they didn't think it would ever be possible. I always thought if we ever did a show there, it would turn out to be a fun and enjoyable event. To me, it means a lot to the kids. They're used to seeing me play football on Sunday afternoons, but I feel like by them seeing me play music in person, it will show them that sports is not the only way to be successful.

"You can be successful in other aspects of life, and music just happens to be one. If you told me 10 years ago that I'd be playing in a heavy metal band, I would have told them that they were full of it. Another reason this means a lot to me is because most of the people there I've known all of my life, and they may never be able to travel to watch us perform. I felt like we could bring the "bigg show" to the small town to perform and do what we do, so that everyone can bring their families and have a good old time," Davis adds.

To give back to his hometown further, Davis and Free Reign will be accepting donations for the Freestone County 4-H club during the concert. And on April 16th, Texas-based fans will be able to catch Free Reign rocking the Downtown Main Street stage down to its foundation, as the band will be bringing big time rock to small town America. Or as Procter puts it, "The NFL may lockout their fans, but we're not locking out ours."
MrPhoenix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see if they can take this beyond a simple hobby band. I know their careers might limit their touring ability a bit lol. I'm of the belief that any band with a good lead guitar and at least a halfway decent lead singer has a chance.

It's funny, I liked "One Step Away" because of the guitar work, but my girlfriend liked the lead singer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: