HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What got you hooked on a particular band?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 9:04 am    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

It was a brisk autumn day. Horatio Alger an elderly soul was walking down the street making his way back from the local spend-thrift. Down the street a young man is rummaging through a bush in his victorian style frontyard. But this was no ordinary bush. For it was a bush of fruitful treasures of days long past. The young man exclaims "Behold I have found a leather cassette case." Horatio Alger makes his way down the avenue with twin grocery bags in his wiey pale arms. Arms that once new the thundering strike of a hammer, arms that could rape a field or comfort a newfoundling child. He turns his ancient face to the heavens for the gods are unpleased. The thunder above jolts his nerves and a cold wind dries his weathered lips. The young man opens his pandoras box and he ejaculates verbally "OH MY GOD SOMEONE THREW A COPY OF DECADE OF DECADENCE IN MY YARD, GOD I DON'T REALLY LIKE CRUE." Mean while Horatio Alger stumbles to the ground. His grocery bag expells a single egg which raptures on the onyx black road. He glares at the busted yolk spewed on the gravel and he remembers an old story from his days in the merchant marines. He raise his eyes to the now cold grey sky and with a piercing agonizing Scream he wails "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPARE THE CHILD." Horatio then buckles and his life passes on the spot. However, Horatio wasn't the only soul lost on that day. For mine was lost to MOTLEY CRUE. RISE MY BROTHERS AND SHOUT AT THE DEVIL.

(based on a true account)
EXCITER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 9:07 am    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

Fatal:

Have you considered therapy?

EXCITER
OverMuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 10:56 am    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

Shir?
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 12:06 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

Tipper Gore and the PMRC turned me onto WASP. I just had to check out the band that put Washington's panties in a wad!
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 2:52 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

My cat eats chilli from the skillet.

Actually in 1992 I did find a case full of tapes in a bush in my front yard. Among them were Crue and a real sorry Scorpion one.
When I heard the piano intro on Home Sweet Home I was taken.

[This message has been edited by Fatalcharm (edited 09-14-1999).]
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 3:21 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

Never have considered therapy. But I did consider wrapping myself in aluminum foil and telling people I was a bologna sandwich.
Heather

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 3:35 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

My cats do the same thing! One has been re-named "Stinky". (picture a little guy holding his nose)
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 3:48 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

And MY cat eats aluminum foil...watch your back, Fatal.

Spirit
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 1999 11:36 pm    Post subject: What got you hooked on a particular band? Reply with quote

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office stark naked but wrapped head to toe in plastic wrap. The shrink takes one look at him and says, "well I can clearly see you're nuts."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: