HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELVES!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

hi, well, i'm 30 now. 4 years have passed since i joined. a great thread it's good to see you all around. Very Happy
i do have facebook, never liked myspace and twitter? i dont have that.

hi everyone, keep posting!
Swidman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jorge, my wife bought me Iron Maiden's Flight 666 DVD for my birthday. As I was watching the documentary, I saw them in Chile and actually did wonder if you had the chance to see Iron Maiden.

It would be pretty cool if you were in the documentary.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Swidman!

I was not able to attend because I had to work that day, but to be truly honest with you, I wasn't too excited about it. I saw them twice before so it was a sort of a tale already told. meh, maybe i should have or in other moment I'd have gone, but i just didn't attend that night.

it's good though to see they have some footage in Chile Very Happy I hope some of my friends are in the images. I haven't watched the documentary either.
Do u appear on it? does anyone here appear on it ? Laughing

I hope to see maiden again, but first they need a new album, not so dark, and more cheerful with better lyrics and happier melodies (a.k.a. not so harris-dominated but more Dickinson-Smith-Gers oriented) That's of course a matter of personal taste. I'm an eager fan of soloist dickinson.
And there are a few videos in Youtube of his show in Chile.

I guess I didn't wanted to repeat the show...but meh, whatever, I'll watch them again in the future (if I find some interesting company though). But oh well, maiden is always a good show and I'm sure I can sing run to the hills or the trooper once again Very Happy
Swidman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm near Chicago and this particular tour didn't come through here. But they were in Los Angeles. They hit a few spots in Mexico and a few more in Central America. Hit Brazil, Argentina and Chile before hitting Puerto Rico and then to New Jersey and ending in Toronto.

The DVD is actually pretty interesting as they go from country to country on Ed Force One (757) with Bruce doing the flying.

I'm a big Bruce solo fan, too. Loved his last two efforts.

My wife said watching the documentary was like watching Spinal Tap, but it wasn't a parody and these guys were genuinely having fun with the tour. Nicko is really funny. You get a feel for how seriously they all take being part of the culture of Iron Maiden. Especially when they get into places they rarely play.

As for the last Maiden effort, ya, it's a little somber and at times plodding, but it's better than Dance of Death. They are supposed to have a new recording in 2010 (according to their news section on ironmaiden.com.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey swidman check this out!
Road to Hell in chile

jajajaj Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN7E1pYVm18
Bruce Dickinson-02.Road To Hell (Chile RockFest 1997)

I appear on that one for sure, jajajaja I'm on of those in the front! Laughing

TEMAZOOOO!1

oH, AND THIS IS THER FIRST TIME (caps) run to the hills was ever sang by dickinson on Chile Very Happy (same concert)
sweeeeeet memorieeeeees

you should put a video of some concert you have attended to see you and al my brothers around the woooooorld
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvupPf5Zn4k&feature=related

and this is 2 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmshugj4IT8&feature=related

it sounds so great by his band.

i also enjoy his skunkworks Very Happy some songs sound like..ths band..mm....audioslave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: