HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELVES!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockangel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Tara, apparently one of if not the only regular female headbanger left here. :\ I'm hoping to change that. Been a fan for 20 years now... give or take. I run an online art gallery for fantasy sci/fi and music illustration at rockangel.com.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, 41 yo, still delivering newspapers in the wee hours of the morning for almost 8 yrs now, graduated computer school last December, trying to get a job in the field (I have an interview Monday, wish me luck Rolling Eyes). Anyway, I've been a metalhead since age 16. I listen to different types of music (my CD collection varies from Loretta Lynn to the Moody Blues to Slayer to the B-52s) but I'm still very picky over what I listen to. And after all these years, I still have a taste for the heavy stuff.

Oh, and Rockangel, I have 2 questions for u:

1) Is that your picture we always see on the Hardboard?
2) If so, will u marry me? Laughing
MetalRider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Steve, 46 years old from Oklahoma City, and I'm a civilian aircraft engine mechanic for the US Air Force at Tinker AFB.
Used to work for a major telecommunications firm made up of corporate rat bastards.....when they folded up operations in OKC, my 24 years and 3 months of service was not good enough to qualify for the early retirement offer. At least the bastards paid for my schooling while I got my FAA aircraft mechanics certification out of the way.
Musical tastes are pretty much a dead heat between hard rock and various metal genres. I like most anything except black metal and most death metal.
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah
Well I Love Tv And I Love T. Rex
I Can See Through Your Skirt
I've Got X-Ray Spex
I Came From The Sky Like A 747
I'm The Bad Boy Baby I Fell Out Of Heaven
Sex Fuhrer Baby I'm A Love Dictator
Blitzkrieg Romance I'm A Cool Dominator

P-R-I-M-E Prime Mover
Baby You're M-I-N-E I'm The Groover

Well I'm Christ In Shades I'm A Napalm God
Your Lipstick Flickers Round My Lightning Rod
You Fever Pitch Bitch You Love To Tease
Well I'm A Hot Dog Daddy Up On Your Knees
Sex Fuhrer Baby I'm A Love Dictator
Blitzkrieg Romance I'm A Living Detonator

P-R-I-M-E Prime Mover
Baby You're M-I-N-E I'm The Groover Yeah

I'm The Sex Fuhrer Baby I'm A Love Dictator
You're A Disco Reptile A Funky Alligator

P-R-I-M-E Prime Mover
Baby You're M-I-N-E I'm The Groover
Cool
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Jim, bet you didn't know that?! Wink

I'm 45 & live in Cedar Rapids, IA.

I'm a live music booking agent & the name of my agency is Rock Productions. I specialize in blues/rock power trios, but have booked everything from blues, rock, funk, & soul. My current acts are Craig Erickson, www.craig-erickson.com & Scarlet Runner, www.scarletrunner.net, if anyone is interested.

I have two Great Danes & one Old English Mastiff.

I love movies, video games, traveling, live music, fishing, & collect exotic gemstones.
Myk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone realize this post dates back to 1999?

If anyone still cares...

I'm Mike. I was born and have always lived in NJ. I work in the computer consulting, sales, rentals and service field. I am 38 years old. Big fan of hard rock and classic metal. If it has a guitar solo I'll listen to it or at least give it a chance. I also like swing music, Motown, funk, Neil Diamond (yes Neil not King). I have 3 cats- 2 Maine Coons and 1 Tabby, 2 German Shepards (240lbs combined) and ...Oh yeah... a wife. I ride a 05 Harley FatBoy and drive a Chevy Trail Blazer.

My dislikes are....well....I'll let you know if you piss me off.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Jorge. I'll be 26 soon.

I've been always related to rock and roll.

I will tell you a little story cos I feel like "sharing·" in this post that remembers me a lot those alcoholic presentations stereotypes.

Well, when I was 10 I was a pretty good soccer player. So I was the star striker of my soccer team and me and my best friends were on the team. So, we got the team selected but we had no name, and we have to come up with a great name for the team after the weekend. You can imegine me thinking about names at the age of ten. Thousands of names, all crappy. The older guys always came up with great funny names like "Angora Pig" and stuff like that. Even today it makes me laugh.

My uncle was at home with my Dad watching TV. My uncle is pretty young, he has 2 little daughters being the oldest in Kindergarten, so I calculate he was in his mid 20's by the time of the tale. He is his younger brother (being my father the older of the family). My dad was total wasted rocker in the 70's decade always appearing with Led Zepellin vyniles in parties and smoking pot. Not a lot of people listened to that stuff of course here in Chile.

Well the things is that (and I still remember it like it was yesterday) they were drinking watching music. Some rock and rollers guys playing on TV.

So I came and I told them that I have to come up with a name, and they told me...why don't you calle it "Black Dogs" "Black Dogs", I thought. Perros Negros. Yeah, that's a great name! "Black Dogs" What A Name, I just kept thinking.

I arrived at school and, yes, that name was chosen for our team. So when the names were said to the whole school by mocrophone "5th C" was the "Black Dogs" and we rocked.

We did pretty well in that tournament. We arrived to the final but we end up loosing to the best team but doing or very best in a close match.

The thing is that after many many years I was with some pals listening to music. We were listening Led Zeppellin, and I said: "Hey why ddon't you put Black D..." I didn't even finnished the name of the song when I got a f**k flashback to that moment when I was 10. And then I understood it all. I saw the light. They were watching Led Zepellin, listening to the song and I appeared and I asked them They watched and said: "Why don't you call them "Black Dog" The name of the song they were listening to in that moment!!

And then, years after, when I was a "Heavy Metal kid" I ended up my sentence and said ""Hey why ddon't you put Black D...og"
--
And I'm a professional Translator.
Dead Rebel Society

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]I'm jakkerman. I used to post here during the embryonic stage of my online life. (Lockfist? Nightbreed? OverMuch?)

I now run a website called

[url]http://deadrebelsociety.com[/url]

where screwed up people like myself come together and write about anything between heaven and hell. (We actually started a metal review page too: http://deadrebelsociety.com/blitzkriegreviews.html )

I'm originally from Sweden, but now live in the US, via London. I am 33 years old and married like all hell. And yeah... I'm a grouchy bastard for the most part. [/b]
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell it's Jakkerman! I never thoght I'd see you again! Smile I'm off to check out your new site. How ya been?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: