HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 1999 3:42 pm    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

Okay, I'll fess up. My 13 year old daughter, and 11 year old son are actually into the MTV crud. And, I do let them watch the top vids of the day every afternoon! This is my personal reasoning: My parents were very 'forgiving' when I was growing up...I went through a phase with 'top-40-radio-play-crap', and I could listen to anything I wanted as long as it wasn't vulgar, and I listened to it in my room. I was raised with jazz and blues, so I'm sure I drove them crazy, at times! But...point is this: I eventually discovered that talent was more important to me than whatever was popular. I am sure that, had Mom and Dad restricted my listening choices, I would have been stubborn enough to listen to the popular crap even if I didn't want to. Plus, there is ALWAYS Rock or Metal on my stereo-usually LOUD-that they hear so very often, and can sing all the words to!!! Eventually, they'll come over to the 'Wild-Side'!!!!!
EXCITER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 1999 9:58 am    Post subject: WHAT? HEY - I'VE GOT A REPUTATION HERE! Reply with quote

Peppermint -

I know what you're saying about your parents. Mine actually let me listen to whatever I wanted as well - so I got to explore everything than came up with my own likings. I remember when my Mom wanted me for dinner or something, she would have to bang on the hallway wall to get my attention up-stairs in my room. We still laugh about that.

Anybody else ever do this? I was so into music that for studying, I would put the topics to music on my guitar. Instead of saying or writing whatever it was I had to remember, I would put music to it and sing it over and over again. I still have the habit of tapping my feet constantly while doing desk work!

EXCITER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: