HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RealRadio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXCITER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 1999 6:18 am    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

Spirit -

When I lived in NJ (grew up there, moved in 1986) I listened to WMMR and WYSP in Philly. Loved that stuff. Are they still kicking? Or do they play grunge crap now?

FM 99 in Virginia plays a mix of "Pop Rock", grunge, industrial, etc. etc. It's crap, but the morning show is good.

EXCITER
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 1999 7:29 am    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

I'm pretty much in the same boat Not Mans in radio wise.I too have a rock station that is O.K. saying the very least and a classic rock station that gets boaring fast.Nothing in the the way of any metal stations though, which is something we desperately need.
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 1999 7:44 am    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

Here, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, there is not much for rock stations... however, there is a station in Laffayette (just south of here) that comes in pretty good... its at the end of the dial, 107.9 K-ROCK. They play music from 70's to 90's, but mostly from late 70's to late 80's. They do a "rock-block" every now and then where they will play 3 to 5 songs from one band.

Here in Baton Rouge, there is one station, the ONLY station... Eagle 98.1 which has the same format pretty much as the afor mentioned station. Not to mention that on Sundays, there is Dee Snider's House of Hair, which RULES. =)

...(_E\/
EXCITER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 1999 10:26 am    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

LEV-

I'm a devoted "House of Hair" fan/listener as well! GO DEE!

EXCITER
Not Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 1999 5:05 pm    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

I also get Dee's House of Hair on Real Rock 100.7 on sunday nights.

>>>Misticmyst73,

I noticed in your profile you're in Phoenix, NY. I'm in Watertown, NY......we're practically neighbors. LOL

>>>ScorpionsFan,

I was trying to post to a topic about other message boards and I was deleted for reffering to an "other" online radio station.......Oh well $hit happens [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

C-YA
[img]http://socr.uwindsor.ca/~rzlotnik/rstar.gif[/img]
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 8:14 am    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

Suprisingly in the land of country music hell, 105.9 has a metal show on Saturday nites from 11 pm-1 or 2 am. Pretty cool!
The Yod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 2:20 pm    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

I'm in Southwest Florida and we don't got nuttin! Tampa does have a really good station (98 rock) and on a very clear day, you can wrap yourself in foil and sit on the hood of your car and enjoy some rockin tunes. Other then that, you're pretty much SOL. There's another from Tampa that comes in a little better, it's 102.5. Other then that we've only got classic and alternative.
Not Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 5:02 pm    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

>>>ScorpionsFan,
I bet we're talking about the same online radio station....Pure Rock....Hmm?

It was only my post that was deleted......twice. I thought there was a glitch in the system. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

C-YA
[img]//socr.uwindsor.ca/~rzlotnik/rstar.gif[/img]
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 6:51 pm    Post subject: RealRadio Reply with quote

Ahhhh, good old **** . I remember when I lived in LA, even though I lived in the San Fernando Valley, I'd have to park my car in the garage and listen to it on the car stereo -- for some reason that was the only way the station came in!! In the car, in the garage. I think **** had about 3 watts or something. It came in clear if you sat under their transmission "tower." Plus, I think at the time they were "ALL WARRANT, ALL THE TIME," except when they would do the "Bang Tango" rock block or something. Still, back in the day it was better than nothing.

Of course, we'd still listen to it even if we cursed every song they played. Damnit, not another Steelheart triple-shot!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: