HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWOBHM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PERDO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 10:38 am    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Can anyone out there tell me about these groups: Tysondog, and Twelth Night? I discovered both bands on the "British Steel-England's Latest Heavy Metal Explosion"
compilation that I picked up from the bargain bins a couple of years ago."Eat the Rich" by Tysondog has great energy, while "The Ceiling Speaks" by Twelth is probably the best live recording I've ever heard.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 5:11 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Im in with the Dianno group. I think he made the band sound alot more serious and joked once in a while. Bruce Dickinson sounds like a joke all the time even when hes not supposed to. Once in a while he does some good songs "Trooper" "Hallowed" "Wasted Years" and maybe everything on somewhere in time but his singing seems so overstated its funny.

Diamond Head is awesome and i think i will buy Canterbury because i have finally found it for less than 30 dollars. Ive heard Grim Reaper is NWOBHM in which case they are pretty cool. Saxon is cool in early 80s although i still need to get Strong Arm of the Law, Crusader and the Eagle has Landed. Those bands taht metallica covered seem good but i havent heard the originals. Def Leppard doesnt sound good as NWOBHM in my opinion but i actually like their cheesy synth stupid as hell lyrics type music. because its perfect for when i want to listen to dumb as hell metal with cheesy synths and lyrics.

Hey is Motorhead considerd NWOBHM???? Ace of Spades is one of my favorites ever.
Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 5:23 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Nitro, I must say I disagree with you on Paul being a bad live singer. I've got the live Maiden video, Live At Rainbow, recorded in 81, and there he sings just as good as on both "Iron Maiden" and "Killers". "So there, hmmf, stuff that up your fkin pipe and smoke it." ...cited from "not a lot of people know that" with Nicko. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Perdo, Tyson Dog is a very good N.W.O.B.H.M. band. I recently bought one of their albums on vinyl, called Beware Of The Dog, from 84. They have quite a heavy sound, a bit more slow paced than other NWOBHM bands. I also have two other songs with them, School's Out (killer cover!!) and Hotter Than Hell (not a cover of Kiss). Certainly worth checking out!

Crusader - Loose 'n' lethal!
Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 5:40 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Jake, if you want something sounding like NWOBHM, don't buy Canterbury, but if you want some totally mainstream, empty rock songs, then buy it. This is of course only my opinion, but I bought it, and was extremely disappointed with it. My advice to you, in all well meaning, is: Buy "Lightning To The Nations" instead.

Crusader - Slave to freedom!
Coda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 7:48 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

You can't buy Lightning To The Nations anymore. I tried to order it from HMV last year and they told me after a few weeks it had been discontinued. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 9:06 pm    Post subject: NWOBHM Reply with quote

Since everyone is tossing in their .02 worth.
I saw Paul twice live and Bruce 5 times and I like Bruce a lot more. I don't think that IM would have survived with Paul for too long.
His "Battlezone" lasted ...what 2 albums??
I remember the day that Piece of mind came out, I rushed out to get it and when I heard
"where eagles dare" I hated it. but after a play or 2 I got used to Bruce. I rarely play
IM or killers at all. just goes to show that
our favorite band changes all the time.

[This message has been edited by zombie (edited 10-01-1999).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: