HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BedOfRust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 2:22 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Word from the metal god himself: Rob will be recording under the name "Rob Halford" starting next week!!! "Two" is now defunct! Rob also stated that he will be using Tom Allom (JP fame) and Attie Bauw (Fight fame) on the next release.
They have also talked to Bob Halligan Jr. (Some Heads are Gonna Roll & (Take These) Chains) about a possible cover tune.
The new site at [url=http://www.robhalford.com]www.robhalford.com[/url] will be open in a few months.
In the mean time visit Rob at [url=http://www.two-online.com]www.two-online.com[/url]
Not Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 5:05 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Does this mean that Rob is returning to his [b]METAL[/b] roots? That would be cool!

C-YA
[img]http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Birdland/4870/pent_12_.gif[/ img]

BedOfRust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 5:14 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Check out this cool message from his manager:

quote:
Having someone generally claim that Rob is being mis-managed is inflammatory. Not only to myself but everyone involved in Rob's music-related, business affairs.

Decisions related to Rob's musical career involves a brain trust which encompasses various individuals and entities ranging from producers, song writers, publicists, marketing personnel, labels - their personnel and executives, attorneys, graphic designers, photographic designers, music video directors, band members, family members, myself, Rob, and on and on - all told
potentially a number ranging from 60 to 100 people - even more when factoring the fan base that communicates with us; along with, hundreds of music journalists and multi-national media and music television groups which support Rob.

In most instances, the term mis-management is mis-applied when the execution of an idea(s)
does not realize its anticipated and / or intended result even after every individual’s professional efforts are exhausted.

More accurately, it could be deemed a gamble which didn't pay off. Every musical or film release is a gamble in the eyes of the labels and film companies. When you gamble, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

Those of you that are as respectful, passionate and dedicated to Rob Halford - the individual - as well as Rob Halford - the artist - realize as much pain, and sometimes anger, as we do, collectively and individually speaking, when an opportunity for commercial and / or critical success
is missed.

As Rob consistently states to me, however, “Commercial success is always about the music. So we have to try again.” His last 4 albums have included a great deal of music to be proud of, but each was absent a quality which prevented it from performing as well as all anticipated.

Fact is, in my opinion - Rob’s persona and amazing vocal performance are equally important factors in realizing commercial and critical success with his audience and chosen musical genre, as is well performed / produced music.

And, if you remove even one of those familiar elements from a fan base that has evolved with Rob from his first release with Judas Priest; then, we are simply firing a weapon without ordnance; in other words, releasing a Rob Halford recording without all the desired ingredients.

Each of you, and many others, have supported Rob passionately through his post JP days.
Supported him while he fulfilled his inner desire to create music outside of a genre which he felt pigeon holed. We are greatly sincere when saying thank you for doing so.

When departing JP, it was Rob’s goal to not create a carbon copy of JP for his solo productions. But instead embark on a trail which would allow him to create music within other musical genres.

That philosophy has been difficult for myself as his manager, and every label Rob has worked with during his post JP days, to work with; however, we’ve all respected his instructions.

From a business perspective, we all would have had an easier time directing and refining the business related to Rob’s musical releases had he continued producing heavy metal / hard rock music, and Rob knows this.

Regardless of what has occurred over the years, there are no regrets. I feel confident in speaking for all that I’ve worked with over the last 9 years; that each of us feel privileged to have been a part of Rob’s solo career regardless of commercial / critical successes. He’s a very inspiring and
demanding individual to work with.

And with Rob’s recent decision to return to the heavy metal / hard rock music scene - our fever is beginning to build like never before.

It may take us a couple of releases to drive home the message with all Halford fans world-wide, but we will get the message out to all - that the awe which a blazing Halford performance produces, has returned, for good.

Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 5:26 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Good! Now if only Rob disregards the thrash/alternative influences and records a traditional HM album I'll be happy. It does not have to sound like Priest but it should have the quality of Priest.
Not Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 1999 5:33 pm    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

I agree with that Midnight Sun.

C-YA
[img]http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Birdland/4870/pent_12_.gif[/ img]

jordan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 1:00 am    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Ive always wondered who bob halligan jr. was when i read on the cds he wrote take these and heads.... Who is he? is he in another band? does anyone know? I think that by halford coming out of the closet was a bad move. i personally dont care, but there is ALOT of people who turned away from him by that. IMO
woosta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 7:22 am    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Ironic, isn't it, that of all the people listed who decide halford's career moves, Rob is listed last or next to last. You'd think the "metal god" would lay down his own law.

As far as the statement that he had to get out because he felt "pigeon holed" and he wanted to go outside the genre, the world is still your oyster, rob. You haven't yet done Rap, Hip-Hop, Country, Dance, Bluegrass, folk, or new age music. Perhaps you can sell out your fans and your metal meal ticket again in the very near future when these styles experience a surge in sales. If you felt pigeon holed, then by all means, don't come back. Freedom is at your doorstep.

Could it be that one or more of the first 60 to 80 people listed as being in control of Rob's career are putting the bug in his ear that he could earn big on a reunion or return to metal.

And many of you accept that as being ok?!?! That's why we don't have our music today, my friends.....because selling out is ok.

Too bad, cuz we all suffer for it.
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 9:10 am    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

I also agree with Midnight Sun,and I couldn't have said it better Woosta.It would be great to hear some new metal from Rob again in the old style metal that is its the only kind in my opinion.
BedOfRust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 1999 9:56 am    Post subject: Rob Halford's "Two" is Dead!!!!! Reply with quote

Rob Halligan Jr. is a songwriter who writes "radio friendly" rock songs. Listen to "(Take these) Chains" and "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll". He wrote both and Rob said that the new one is a great "Rock Radio Hit".

As far as being "pigeon-holed", Rob is an artist who ended up playing a character with Priest. No one took them seriously by the time Painkiller came out. The fans and the critics expected a Judas Priest product. Rob wanted to move away from that. Fight was soooo much different than Priest. He broke away somewhat from the character in Priest. Two was just an experiment that resulted after Rob met up with Jim Lowerey.
Rob did not sell out! As an artist, you express yourself through your music. If you want to expand your horizon, you do it. Rob had stated earlier that he wants to do the type of music that he is most comfortable with, and that's metal. He's proud of everything that he has done, but the last tour convinced him that, performance-wise, metal is where he belongs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: