HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 1999 1:44 pm    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm looking for some input/feedback/brainstorming help with my newest musical adventure. I'm in a hard rock cover band called 'Drunk by Noon'. We're promoting ourselves as the loudest, most outrageous, hard partying cover band in town. We're doing pretty standard stuff, Godsmack, GnR, Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy, Anthrax, Pantera, etc, plus older stuff by the Cult, Alice in Chains, STP, and so on. What I'm wondering is, what are the craziest and coolest things you've ever seen a band do (or would like to see them do) on stage. Keep in mind we're only a bar band in Minneapolis so Tommy Lee's revolving drum cage isn't really in our budgets. We have a ton of cool ideas ourselves but I really want to blow the roof off of every place we play !!! Any suggestions would be very cool.

Just for the record, we do write original music but despite having a great local music scene here, original bands don't pack clubs like cover bands do and club owners are very aware of that when it comes time to pay the band. Our set list is a function of that also, please don't tell me how lame it is or anything, we have to play the game to make the cash.

Thanks for your ideas !!!!!!
OverMuch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 1999 7:13 pm    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

Well, I saw the Genitorturers a few months back...

d_l_martyr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 7:29 am    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

How about vigin sacrifices?

Sim
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 7:54 am    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

The Velcro Pygmies pass out Charms Blowpops to all the ladies in the audience. Thought that was pretty funny!
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 10:18 am    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

A miniature replica of Stonehenge. Dancing midgets with mandolins optional.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 10:39 am    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

Smell the glove!
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 12:22 pm    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

Filling one of those huge squirt guns full of beer and spraying the crowd or getting bottles of wiskey and pouing it down people throats would be cool.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 1:03 pm    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

Hmmm....well the Stonehenge thing I like, but we have too many amplifier cabinets to fit it all on stage and I think Spinal Tap would kick our a$$e$ anyway. It'll be bad enough if they find out that we're playing "Sex Farm." We tried to hire angry drunken midgets to lift skirts on the dance floor but they have a really good union. Virgin sacrifice? Oooh, I LIKE that one. Might have to be a backstage activity though. I do dig the blowpop idea too, opens up so many inuendos..... :-) The water rifles and booze on stage ideas are in the works. We're going to have upside down shots on stage poured by the lovely ladies we hope to recruit from our favorite strip club. The tips should be great for them, extra perks for the band too!

God help the birthday people in the crowd, or worse yet - batchelor/batchelorette parties!
We'll have to see if we can pull off the wet t-shirt (or is it WHAT t-shirt) contests without getting arrested. If that flies, next will be .......aw, I better not go too far in this format.

Thanks for the comments, fell free to keep 'em coming. We're planning a few warm up shows before our big debut on Halloween. Hey - any twisted ideas for that?
THE TROOPER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 3:00 pm    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

What city you in?? I haven't seen a kick ass cover band in years (except for a band called Earnest Wellfare, with the singer/guitarest and bassest from Brother Cane. That was fun as hell!! They played Skynard, Sabath, Van Halen, Kiss, The Cult, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy...)
Any chance your in the south east near Atlanta.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: