HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 1999 10:31 pm    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

The quest for the holy grail could continue...
Mack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 1999 12:48 am    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

"Drunk By Noon", eh? Being a Minneapolitan myself, I'm interested in seeing how you guys do. I'm friends with members of other local bands (Nova Caine Tongue, Aftershock, Hylander, etc.) so I know your predicament about not being able to perform originals. Chicks only dance to what's familiar to them. Sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do 'til you build a fan base.

My advice? Play covers of sappy pop tunes with extreme ball-crushing heaviness. The chicks will still dig it, plus everyone else will too (or at least get a good laugh, if nothing else... think Prince's "1999" performed by Pantera)

p.s. Where's the Halloween gig at anyway?
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 1999 1:09 pm    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

Thanks for the.. um... 'interesting'... horn blower image Flarpo. Never thought of that one before I must say. Maybe I should learn the kazoo that way.

I can definitly see the quest for the grail continuing Metalfilm1, holy handgrenades and all, bloodbunnies, spanking virgins [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] .....

The lollipop idea is a definite.

Hey Mack, yeah we thought about doing bonecrushing covers of pop crap tunes. Probably will too. It's actually kind of a running joke with us, every time a pop tune happens across our ears we growl the deathmetal version to whomever may be around to enjoy it. I saw Randy from Riff Raff play ABBA's "S.O.S." in a way that would have given them anneurisms and it was very, very cool. Chicks dug it, I dug it, most of the dudes in the crowd had no idea what he was playing but they knew it was heavy and that's all they cared about. Halloween we're hoping to play Sharkey's in Colombia Heights but it's not a booked gig yet. We're buddies with one of the guys in Porcelain God, we've thought about doing a split bill with them just for laughs. We're finishing up auditions this week to complete our lineup. Look for us in the City Pages soon!!
Mack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 1999 11:05 pm    Post subject: Hard Rock Craziness at it's Finest Reply with quote

"Porcelain God w/special guest: Drunk By Noon". I'm sure you'll bring in a cultured, high-brow audience with that bill....

I see we think alike. I figured it would be either Sharky's or Ryan's.

I might be hung, drawn, & quartered for saying this, but I actually like ABBA's version of S.O.S., so hearing Riff Raff cover it sounds like a treat.

Here's an idea: How about "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" ala Type O Negative?

I just happen to be moving into a house my girlfriend & I bought near St. Cloud over the Halloween weekend, so I probably won't make that gig. At any rate, I wish you & the boys the best of luck, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for future gigs. Later!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: