HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 5:09 pm    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

Anyone catch Kid Rock on HBO last night? They/He was on a show called Reverb. They played a couple of songs, god they suck. How can people use the word metal when describing them, just because he is white? the next band, not sure who, were much better at the same thing, but would probably not be called rap/metal cause they were african americans.
DEFFY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 5:18 pm    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

Had the opportunity to see the show last night. GOD- I am not going to say much about the "music", because it is just different and I understand that some people like it, BUT THE KID ROCK HAS ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH HARD ROCK/METAL PERIOD.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 6:25 pm    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

I guess if you are the mainstream media and see someone with long hair and distorted guitars, it must be metal or hard rock.

The worst part about this crap is that it creates the false impression that heavy metal and hard rock have morphed into Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit. The wonderful reality is that heavy metal is not just alive and well, but putting out some very impressive releases. And I mean REAL heavy metal. It's like the last few years were a nuclear war, and all the weak hard rock has been killed. The indestructible **** roaches are getting ready to kill . . . .

(note to self: turn off Iced Earth in the future when posting)
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 7:02 pm    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

Does KIDROCK suck worse than SATANICBLACK.(laughing)
Don't worry I'm just making a joke.
Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 8:14 pm    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

Now why can't the other people who come in here advertising be as cool about it as Nightanimal. He comes in, gets a few negative comments, and does get made at first, but he gets over it and even makes jokes about it. So much better than certain others I could name.
And I am so tempted to get back into the religious discussion on the other threads, but I promised earlier I wouldn't, so I'll leave it alone.
But I do have one question: You never did explain that thing about the Egyptians. I love history and am wondering what you were talking about.
Budgie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 9:41 pm    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

Well come on, this kind of misrepresentation by the media is not unusual. For gods sake they gave a Heavy Metal grammy to jethro tull(i'm a huge tull fan, but they are definitly FAR FROM metal). I agree that you give someone long hair and a distorted guitar they will be classed as metal by the general idiots...i mean public. In a way i'm glad metallica didn't get the grammy though..Then you sell outers woulda had a field day. HAHAHAHAH [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img].

Budgie the Brain [url=http://www.latenet.com]www.latenet.com[/url]
The Yod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 7:38 am    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

I've gotta hand it to ya Nightanimal, you started out really annoying, but I'm glad that you are truly an adult and able to handle the negative comments. I sincerely wish you all the best of luck. What is your position in your band? Guitar, vocals.....?

Here's the only good I see Kid Rock and Limp bizkit doing, they are forcing the mainstream media, etc. into playing something other then rap. Others will catch on, and it'll be back to some good music, it all goes full circle.....at least I hope so!
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 8:20 am    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

It may not be true metal (or metal at all), but at least its generating pr for the genre. There is no such thing as bad pr. It is true about the full circle. My friend sent me this sample disk that you receive free with the purchase of the new Megadeath CD. Its has some promising stuff on it. There is light at the end of the tunnel!
OverMuch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 12:56 pm    Post subject: Music (and I use that term loosely) on HBO Reply with quote

Well, Nightanimal, at least you're not rapping...:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: