HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what selling out is and isn't
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budgie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 1999 1:34 pm    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

This message is for those of you that thinks because a band changes their sound or cuts their hair, they have sold out.
First of all what selling out is. Selling out is doing advertisments for coke. Selling out is appearing in a friends episode. Selling out is putting away your leather and putting on a suit and taking a day job. Selling out is doing what your told when your told for the sake of a buck.
Next, what selling out isn't. Selling out isn't cutting your hair because your sick of looking the same way all the time and you want to add a fresh approach to your band. Selling out is not making **** loads of money because you are a kickass band and then taking it easy for a while. Selling out is not transgressing into other forms of music just to make things more interesting for yourself. Selling out isn't getting radio air play.
Perhaps this will shed a bit of light on the subject. Next time you guys have a debate on wether a band has sold out or not please refer to this document and make your judgments based on these simple guidelines. Thanks,
Budgie the Brains [url=http://www.latenet.com]www.latenet.com[/url]
nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 1999 2:16 pm    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

All hail Budgie. The bringer of truth.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 1999 4:19 pm    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

Okay, now that we know what selling out is, what do we call improper use of the word "transgressing?" JK. Great name, Budgie! Never Turn Your Back on a Friend!
Not Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 1999 4:21 pm    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

I thought school had aready started?

C-YA
[img]http://socr.uwindsor.ca/~rzlotnik/rstar.gif[/img]

Hippyblood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 1999 4:30 pm    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

I think the words "sell out" have an alternative definition now. What some people really mean is "They use to be good, but now they blow". Although the use of "sell out" may be "incorrectly" used occasionally, it still gets the point across.
so...
Definition part deau: Sell out: See "suck".
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 1999 4:42 pm    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

Sell Out: see also "Corporate Rock; bands who lick their record labels' boots", "Poseur; band member who tries to be somebody he's not to gain acceptance", and "Joke; humourous yet pathetic state of mainstream music."
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 1999 5:11 pm    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

I quit the music business, cut my hair, gave up my jeans, started wearing suits and became a professional. Of course, I make over 5 times the money I used to. I live in a very nice neighborhood with the best schools. I can afford to buy pretty much anything I want. I'm not more happy or less happy then when I was a 24/7 tattooed metal head. I just live a better life. I can provide well for my family. I guess that makes me a complete sell out and I couldn't be happier.

Budgie, next time you have your dictionary out, look up the word "idiot." They might even have your picture in there.
Budgie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 1999 9:50 pm    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

To not man, i'm 24 and have been out of school for years. I found my note to be put rather intelligently though with a few admitted english mistakes but i didn't have time to sit and edit. I wrote it as i thought it. So your comment wasn't warranted or needed.

To Deathtofalsemetal i apologize for offending you. As i said above i wrote it as i thought it. Now if i could go back i would add at the end of the suit statement (if you happy with what your doing your not a sell out regardless of what it is). But i belive most of what i says is definitly on the mark.

Budgie the Brains
EXCITER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 1999 5:45 am    Post subject: what selling out is and isn't Reply with quote

Lars - When did you start going by "Budgie"?

EXCITER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: