HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recently purchased CDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 12:30 pm    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

I just picked up Alive In Athen by Iced Earth I F***ing love it!I also picked up the remaster of No Rest For The Wicked by Ozzy it's my second favorite by ozzy second to Tribute.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 1999 2:01 pm    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

Within the last week, I've picked up:
Queensryche - Q2K (listened to it a few times...the jury is still out on this one. Definitely not Rage for Order or Mindcrime.

Helloween - Keeper of Seven Keys II - Great melodic metal.

NIN - The Fragile - Reznor must be the most depressed and "in pain" person on this planet. But this album is one that impressed me.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 12:04 am    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

Ozzy Osbourne-Blizzard of Ozz and Just Say Ozzy
TT Quick-Metal of Honor
OverMuch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 10:18 am    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

Yesterday's would be:

Iced Earth: Days of Purgatory
and
W.A.S.P....Helldorado.

Definately not the best that either band has put out, but something to tide me over in the wake of the "Risk" and "Q2K" fiascos.

..and I really, REALLY wanted to love Helldorado, but somethings just kinda missing there for me. I can't place it. It'll take a few more listens, I guess.
EXCITER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 1999 10:58 am    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

OverMuch:

I too recently bought the W.A.S.P. CD "Helldorado" and can't find anything appealing about it. I gave it several listenings, and it seems like they are trying too damn hard to kick our asses. I'd rather have a laid back W.A.S.P. than the "assault?" they are trying to throw at us with this. Most of the songs sound alike as well - they could all run together with no breaks and you'd swear you're still on track one. The first LP and "Blind in Texas" are they only releases that do it for me from this band (although I keep buying).

EXCITER
SunKingHono

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 1:08 am    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

UFO - Force It/Phenomenon
Mercyful Fate Melissa and The beginning
Bow Wow - Locus 1976-1983
Motorhead - Ace of Spade
Scorpions - Virgin Killer
Trust - Repression and March ou Greve
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 3:15 am    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

Lillian Axe-Love and War(!!!!)
S.A.D.O.-Sensitive
White Zombie-La Sexorcisto,Astrocreep 2000,Supersexy Swingin' Sounds
Burning Starr-No Looking Back
Venom-Cast in Stone
Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 5:51 am    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

Overmuch:

I would have to agree about "Days of Purgatory." I actually got it first because so many people said it was a great way to get a feel for their sound. It just has too much of their very old material, and Schaffer just didn't have his songwriting skills as well developed when those songs were written. I almost didn't get "Something Wicked..." due to that. Very glad I decided to give it a chance anyway.
The funny thing is that I've seen a lot of Iced Earth's older fans who say that "Night of the Stormrider" is their fastest album. Well, "Days of Purgatory" has almost every song from the "Night..." album, and I think that there are quite a few songs on "Something Wicked..." that are heavier and faster than any of those from "Night..."
zombie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 1999 7:43 am    Post subject: Recently purchased CDS Reply with quote

yesterday:

Engine: pretty cool CD IMO it is heavier than
the fates warning.

Alice cooper: trash & constrictor. Had then both on tape,could not pass up the used cd's for 4.99 each.

Manowar : hell on stage.....love the band but
I really was disapointed in this...not sure why yet.

Rush: 2112 used 4.99 also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: