HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gay Black Metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 1:04 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Thats cool.
Like I said I can't please everyone and I know everybody is not going to like our music.
We are actually going to re-record DARKNESS EMBRACED,we rushed it to get it on the c.d.But I still think it's a killer song.
I forgot to ask if you guys hate Cradle of Filth.
Becuase I love those guys.
If you do then everything your saying is a compliment.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 11:05 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

I LIKE Cradle of Filth but they are by no means even CLOSE to being in the black metal elite. Popularity-wise, maybe, but far better music has been issued by Emperor, Dodheimsgard, Enslaved, Diabolical Masquerade, Summoning, Dimmu Borgir...
Raider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 1999 11:52 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Exciter:

I have a similar situation. The Youth will sometimes have special services on Sunday nights, and these are usually mostly musical services, quite a good portion of which is rock-based music. And they have even done stuff by Christian metal groups on occassion.
Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 1999 5:39 am    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Nightanimal:

I hate their image, if that makes you feel better. I haven't heard their music, but I think I would like it. I like the black metal sound, I just hate the satanic lyrics that 96.393732222% of black metal bands use.

Anyway, I was wondering if you (or anyone else) knows of any good black metal bands that don't use satanic lyrics. I know some might say that's defeating the whole purpose of black metal, but couldn't at one time the same have been said about death metal without gory lyrics, but look at all the groups out there now that have moved on to other subject matter with the same basic sound. And if death can do that, surely black can. I'm just wondering if anyone has yet.
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 1999 12:06 am    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

DEATH-The sounds of perseverance
MOONSPELL-Wolf heart & Sin Picado
FEAR FACTORY-Obsolete
TESTAMENT-Practice what you preach
SEPULTURA-Beneath the remains,Arise, and Chaos A.d.
There may be 1 or 2 songs that borderline the satanic out of all those.
I've got to tell Metalfilm1 that out of all the bands he mentioned I love Dimmu Borgir,but to me all the other bands like Emporer sound to much alike for my taste.
I think Cradle of Filth Rips on them all but thats just my preference.
I really don't listen to that much black or death metal,just the bands I like and I can name them easily for you.
I'm real picky with vocals so i only listen to bands that stand out to me.
CRADLE OF FILTH
OBITUARY
DIMMU BORGIR
DEATH
SLAYER
TESTAMENT
MOONSPELL
VENOM
IN RUINS
SEPULTURA
FEAR FACTORY
TIAMAT
I own every c.d. by every band I just mentioned and thats my dark metal library.
I also love bands like
TYPE O NEGATIVE
NEVERMORE
ICED EARTH
METAL CHURCH-WITH MIKE HOWE
OF COURSE IRON MAIDEN,BLACK SABBATH & OZZY,W.A.S.P.
ALICE COOPER
KING DIAMOND & MERCYFUL FATE
Bands that have totally turned me off.QUEENSRYCHE,METALLICA,SOUNDGARDEN.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 6:35 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Nightanimal, the bands you mentioned (Death Sepultura) have little or no Satanic lyrics for a reason: none of them are black metal!!! Black metal is, first and foremost, Norwegian and paganist. None of the bands you mention hail from Norway or even any of the Nordic lands and would therefore have little relation to the area. As for the black metal bands, NO ONE sounds like Emperor. No one could...the music is too challenging and too original. It would be like a filmmaker imitating Citizen Kane. It can't be done. But there are dozens of Cradle imitators...Hecate Encloned, I mean...Enthroned.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 8:18 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Rosebud...Rosebud...

Spirit

[img]http://www.alicecoopershow.com/images/atticani.gif[/img]
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 9:08 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

Hey man these genre labels eveyone uses change every other day.
When black and death metal started labeling bands,Venom, slayer, death and all the bands afformentioned were included.
What do you call the bands I mentioned then.
As long as I've been listening to metal being scandinavian and a pagan had nothing to do with being considered black metal.
It was the fact that your band had a dark image and a little heavier music.
To me it's all just metal anyway I hate all these labels.
Just like people have different opinions on bands so do I.
I don't think Emperor is at all impressive.matter of fact I returned their latest c.d.
And I think Hecate enthroned totally sucks and if anything they are a wanna be Dark Funeral.
Satariel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 1999 5:37 pm    Post subject: Gay Black Metal Reply with quote

I after what you wrote MattFilm I have lost the last shread of respect for you and now consider you an idiot and any one who agrees with him is also an idiot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: