HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightanimal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 1999 2:18 am    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Thanks ZOMBIE.
I've got web tv so I can't download s*hit.
But I used to be able to play anything on there.Now I can't even play my own mp3's.
So even i I wanted to click on my songs all day it wouldn't matter.
Although I have found out that if someone has a DAM c.d. you can go to it and it always plays whatever songs are on the DAM c.d.
They are doing all sorts of changes on that sight and some of the latest postings by artists aren't popular.
People are saying that mp3.com is accepting payoffs from bands so they can be featured.
I say that we have held #1 in death metal for 3 weeks now and have 3 other songs in the top ten and all are in the top 50.
Plus we have our DAM c.d. ranked 2nd,and we average 150 downloads a day.
But the mp3 people seem to completely ignore our stats.
If anyone on this board has insite on this issue I sured like to hear your comments.
I didn't meen to blow my own horn I'm just trying to make a point.
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 1:36 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Lev, I've tried listening to the mp3's here with Real Player as well, but the same thing happens - slow sound. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something here on the Hard Music section that isn't totally compatible with my computer. Because when I visited mp3.com I was able to hear the music without a single problem.

Crusader
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 4:51 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Check out five finger crawl from Danzig. I just re-ripped and re-encoded it using Media Cleaner Pro. See if it works better for you.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 1999 4:58 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

I know it's off topic, but aren't you our resident Saxon fanatic, Crusader? Have you heard the new album yet? Any comments?
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 10:59 am    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Dtfm, a Saxon fanatic...me...you better believe it!! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Sorry to say, I haven't heard the new Saxon album yet. As far as I know it hasn't been released in Sweden yet. Has it been released anywhere besides Germany?

Crusader - Still fit to boogie, still fit to rock 'n' roll!!
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 2:56 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

HardRocker, I thank you for going through the trouble of improving that Danzig mp3, but it doesn't work any better than before. I appreciate what you have done, but I guess I'll just have to stick to the regular songs in the Hard Music section.

Crusader
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 4:30 pm    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

Crusader: It is out Nov. 9th here. Saxon's website has them touring Sweden in November -- lucky you.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 12:39 am    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

The mp3's are http streamed on port 80 as is Windows Media and Real....all should go thru a firewall as long as you can get web pages and have the player set up for http. QT is improving their firewall support also. On the mp3 "slow play" problem...the only thing we guess is that they're so compressed (16 and 24 kbit rates) that a faster machine is needed to play them back in real time. We have no prob here but the slowest machine we have is a 200mhz Pentium classic......
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 6:35 am    Post subject: Those "absolutely great" mp3 songs! Reply with quote

How do you use musicmatch to transfer mp3 to wav?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: