HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Testament Band Memebers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IcedEarthling

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 5:37 pm    Post subject: Testament Band Memebers Reply with quote

I was ust wondering why Testamnet can't keep the same line up for more than one album!! Lombardo's rumming on "The Gathering" was a hugue chunk of the coolness factor on that album, he rocked on every track. Now Dave is gone, or going, I don't exactly know what is going on, and they have to bring in another. What the hell??
pigbag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 1:26 pm    Post subject: Testament Band Memebers Reply with quote

I think Dave only came in to do the album, not as a full time member, as his own band, Grip Inc. are still going strong.
freeride

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 10:03 am    Post subject: Testament Band Memebers Reply with quote

Alot of these guys aren't exactly rich "rock stars". They may seem pretty "famous" to us,the real fans, but sadly most people have never heard of most of these bands.
Quite a few of the metal musicians in todays scene are in a bunch of different bands to keep a check coming in. Luckily though alot of it is resulting in really killer music like the latest Testament.
Keep reading the magazines and album liner notes and you'll see what I mean!
Stay Metal, freeride
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 12:25 pm    Post subject: Testament Band Memebers Reply with quote

Sad but true, freeride. Most people would be surprised by the fact that the guys in your favorite band tend bar, or manage a rehearsal studio, or work in their dad's paint store or do construction work when not on tour. It may be fun and creatively rewarding, but being a musician is a crappy way to make a living.

p.s. Actual quote heard from lead guitarist of a prog. metal band that has consistently sold 100K plus of each album and headlined clubs for over a decade: "Great, my career's in the toilet but the president of my label just bought a SECOND half-million dollar house."

p.p.s. Lesson to be learned from my "p.s." is that the money to be made is on the backs of the actually creatively talented people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: