HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Mighty Metallica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunKingHono

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 1999 7:44 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

and their remake of whiskey in the jar, while admirable for recognizing Lizzy, sucks!
Am I allowed to say that here? I would love to hear them crunch on something like
Bad Reputation or (hehe) Hollywood.
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 6:53 am    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

These are all good predictions,but the sad part is some might be true!
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 7:36 am    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Metallica songs on Muzak's contemporary instrumental channel. Oh yea!
DEFFY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 12:41 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Nominated for the best metal band / life time achievement in the metal music scene awards in the year 2K: Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, AC/DC and Van Halen.

"and the winner is.................................................................... ..........Metallica"

(crowd roar/applause)

James: "We thank all of the little poeple (true matal fans)that have been involved in all our projects, thank you all"

Lars: "We would like to thank all the METAL FANS that have stuck with us through all these years. The support of the last (Load [gagh] and Re-load [re-gagh]) has been phnomenal by the metal/hard rock fans-Thank you"

How ironc, Metallica complained when Tull was awarded with the Heavy Metal award. Not a bad choice now is it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 1:53 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

OK, after LMAO all night about this topic, I've got a couple more offerings.

While in the studio recording a cover of "Anarchy in the U.K." the band suffers group electrocution when a highly irritated Sid Viscious urinates on their amplifiers.

Coming soon to a theater near you: Grease 3 starring James Hetfield and Britney Spears.

Anyone remember the forgettable "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park?" How about "Metallica Meet RuPaul" in a bizarre plot twist, the band find themselves working as runway models.

The group disbands. Lars joins the Spice Girls, is now "Whiney Spice". Jason teams up with Dee Snider to reform Twisted Sister and gets his ass kicked by Neidermeyer. Kirk names the Swami Maharesh Yogi as his spiritual guru and moves to the Himilayan mountains where he is eaten by a Yeti. James moves to Las Vegas and now works as an Elvis impersonator.

The Jamaican Steel Drum Corp does a cover of "Enter Sandman", Lyrics changed to "Enter Ganja Man"

Band spoofed on South Park. Kenny is killed in a tragic accident. He gets crushed under the groups' falling integrity. (oooh, a mean one there!)

Secret band photos taken by Robert Maplethorpe surface in tabloids. (again - if you don't know, be glad!)

And my final offering, (if I can stop laughing long enough to type this)

Metallica collectively convert to Judaism. Have difficulty perfoming live after enduring painful adult circumcisions.

[img]http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/LesPaul/1999/images/custom- pic2.jpg[/img]
OverMuch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 1999 11:23 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

...this just in:

After Martha Stewart became America's newest billionare yesterday by going public with her lifstyle/advice conglomerate, she promptly named former rock act Metallica as the spokesband for her new music label: Soothing Sounds for Home and Garden.

When pressed for comment, band members Kirk Hammet and Lars Ulrich could not be pried from an extended deep tounge kiss.
SunKingHono

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 3:06 am    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Nightbreed, uh...I think I know where you are going with the (if you don't know be happy) comments...but can it be true?

Come clean man!
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 12:41 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

Hmmm.........uuhhmmm......well...

I guess.......may as well come clean after this thread. I'm really not the mild mannered, new-to-the-board metal-head that y'all may believe me to be.

All I can say is... twisted, warped, mal-adjusted, in dire need of a reality check, perverse, perhaps even demented...

Same story I've heard daily since fifth grade.

Funny you should ask, SKH, my therapist recommended this.....

Hopefully nobody minds me using this board as a therapy tool. After all, it's this or sniffing bike seats at the junior high school.

[img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/LesPaul/1999/images/custom- pic2.jpg[/img]
Coda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 1999 1:54 pm    Post subject: The Mighty Metallica Reply with quote

How bout this one...

Touring together atlast in the summer of 2000

Selloutica-2k Metallica & Megadeth co-headlinging with the Offspring opening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: