HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The revamped Hollywood vampires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 1999 1:52 pm    Post subject: The revamped Hollywood vampires Reply with quote

Saw L.A. Guns last week at L'Amour in Brooklyn. Lineup: Steve Riley, Kelly Nickels, Mick Cripps, Tracii Guns and...Phil Lewis! Holy crap, were they great. Lewis looked absolutely cool in his suit, vest and shades. Tracii played and played. The sh-t was louder than any show I had been to in a long time, almost obnoxiously so. Leaning heavily on tracks from the debut, ****ed and Loaded and Vicious Circle, the band cooked. Even "The Ballad of Jayne" felt dangerous, as Phil and Tracii stopped in the middle and thanked the crowd (f-words are accepted from these guys). Jesse Camp (former MTV clown, now a pal of mine) sang with the band and had good stage presence. Got a guitar pick and a hug from Tracii (don't ask, people). Forget Ratt. These guys are back in a serious way.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 1999 2:55 pm    Post subject: The revamped Hollywood vampires Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a webpage or something where I can get accurate tour dates for L.A. Guns? I'd love to catch a show.

I tried the links here on HR but they're all BS. One page has several dates mentioned that are near me but the page is too screwed up to view.

HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 4:49 pm    Post subject: The revamped Hollywood vampires Reply with quote

If you get a chance to go see LA Guns do it - saw them back in the day and in August - they rocked my little metal world.
freeride

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 1999 8:53 am    Post subject: The revamped Hollywood vampires Reply with quote

I saw them way back when too! With Laaz Rockit no less. I'll have to say, of all the shows I've been to, that was the loudest one of all.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 1999 5:23 pm    Post subject: The revamped Hollywood vampires Reply with quote

Back in 1988 I saw both LA Guns and Guns N' Roses within a week of each other. La Guns opened for AC/DC and GNR opened for Iron Maiden. It was a good week:-)
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 1999 5:46 pm    Post subject: The revamped Hollywood vampires Reply with quote

Hey, nice pun!!!!!!! And on ****ed and loaded Rick Neilson and Robin Zander make an appearance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: