HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d_l_martyr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 1999 9:14 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

Wait a mo? Did I just read a post in FAVOUR of Metallica? Supporting Metallica? How about that!

If they we still writing songs like Four Horsemen and Creeping Death nowadays you'd all be bitchin' about how are tired, old and unoriginal cos they are living in the past playing the same old rehashings of they're first album(s)

I'm not bitchin' cos I've got to be good friends wiv some of you guys over the last year and a half so don't pist wiv me...

Raider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 1999 3:29 pm    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

d_I_martyr:

I was just waiting for someone to say that.

Why is it that everyone thinks that for Metallica to evolve their sound, they had to end up like they sound now??????? Other bands that have been around longer than Metallica have evolved and still stayed 100% metal and still very interesting (Judas Priest, for example).

Metallica proved they could evolve and stay metal. I mean, I personally see a HUGE difference between "Kill 'em All" and "Master of Puppets." I see a very clearn change in style. Maybe it's just me, but I definitely see it. But they are both metal, and both great.

If Metallica was truly the great band their hardcore fans claim they are, the could have evolved and stayed metal. So either they truly are sellouts for....well, selling out, or they ran out of good ideas for metal. Whichever is true, they don't deserve the credit they get from so many people.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 1999 1:17 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

It doesnt matter to me whether they play metal or not as long as its good. And i think it is good. Most people that criticize them for this change seem so hung up on the fact that its not metal(im not sure i agree, its not thrash but it still sounds metallic to me) that they overlook everything thats in it. Sure its missing speed solos and the sharp sound of the 80s but it still has its own sound.

NOTE: I do not think new Metallica is better than old Metallica(although i like Load more than the Black album or Kill Em All, but Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning are far superior.)
OverMuch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 1999 12:25 am    Post subject: mettalicas new version of until it sleeps (S&M) Reply with quote

*Quote: If they we still writing songs like Four Horsemen and Creeping Death nowadays you'd all be bitchin' about how are tired, old and unoriginal..*

No, I absolutely and beyond all doubt would NOT be bitching. I'd love it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: