HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metallica Must Be Destroyed!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OverMuch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 3:31 pm    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

Oh, god....touring with Kid Rock and now....*gulp* Tommy Lee's Mothers of Mayhem!

Our mission is clear, ladies and gentlemen. Metallica must be destroyed at all cost.

Charrrrrrrrge!
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 4:01 pm    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

They just announced yesterday that Metallica are playing here in Minneapolis on Jan 7th or something like that.

I think I'll have an [b]Anti-Metallica[/b] kegger party that night with all my metalhead & musician friends. Open invitation - everyone come on over!!

NB

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/mi/mythsofvampires/images/dracula2.jpg[/ img]
MetallicHead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 4:31 pm    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

Maybe not "destroy them" 'cause let's face it, they are good musicians. I mean, Kirk can play some awsome solos, Hetfield has one of the fastest wrists in the business, Jason can play bass and Lars... well, he can play very good drums.

I mean, when they play pre-black album songs they play them as if we were in the 80's. Songs like Battery, Fight Fire, and so on.

So, instead of destroying them... why not perform a LOBOTOMY on them!!!!!! and have them return to the mentality they had before 86...

What do you all think????

Sincerely...
MetalicHead
[img]http://www.diveshack.com/images/ghosts/ghosts4/Mvlo7u78.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by MetallicHead (edited 11-16-1999).]
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 4:36 pm    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

I think they need to be de-Bob Rock-ed!
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 5:27 pm    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

I hereby propose a mandatory retirement age for all hard rock and heavy metal musicians. You have 8 years from the date you release your first album. When 8 years is up, so are you. This way we no longer have to live with reunion albums/tours, people older than my dad wearing tight pants, Blaze Bailey, symphony albums, Kiss, etc.

Admitedly, such a rule might have prevented some very good rock and roll moments (Thin Lizzy's Thunder & Lightning, for one). But I'm willing to make the trade-off.

Not Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 6:47 pm    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

I think at the rate they are going they are doing a pretty good job destroying themselves.

C-YA
[img]http://socr.uwindsor.ca/~rzlotnik/rstar.gif[/img]

nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 7:05 pm    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

Die by my hand... heard that somewhere before...

Night-Breed - good plan, cept Minneapolis in january isn't my cup of tea. Tho I havent been known to pass up many beers.
Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 1999 8:45 pm    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

Sorry, Deathtofalsemetal, I can't support that. Then I would be denied my favorite power metal band, Jag Panzer. And didn't Iced Earth exist more than 8 years ago under a different name? I don't know, I don't think it's worth getting rid of Metallica if I have to lose those two bands, also.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 1999 12:09 am    Post subject: Metallica Must Be Destroyed! Reply with quote

How about fifteen years then? lets check it out:

Metallica: started in 80 so they would have to retire in 1995 that sounds pretty pleasing. I mean i liked load but no one else does and i could still live without it.

Megadeth: well actually this would give them the opportunity to release some crap, but since they started in 85 theyd have to retire in 2000 which means that they only get to release one bad album(risk).

Iron Maiden: Started 76 so theyd make it to 91; right before fear of the dark which wasnt great, all the great bruce albums would be included(as well as dianno) and only one bad bruce album(or so ive heard: no prayer for the dying).

Judas Priest: started 70 so make it to 85 through defenders of the faith. I like turbo and ram it down but plenty of fans would really not care if those albums never existed, alot of speed metal fans would miss out on painkiller though.

Motorhead: their albums all sound the same so it doesnt matter, but their first albums are the best anyways.

Scorpions: started in 1970 or something so they make it through Love at first sting, no nonclassic scorpions period.

Helloween: are close to 15 years now but all their albums are good still.

alright got carried away there sorry. but maybe a 3 year rule for glam bands since they have more of a tendency to become weak after just an album or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: