HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help, money to burn
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 5:36 pm    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

Ok, so I have a little cash to splurge on some cd's... give me your recommendations. I would like to get a copule of newer releases, I just received Nevermore - Dreaming, Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory and Alive in Athens, have the new Testament, want something hard, but also want to hear some new guitar gods.. help me...

What should I get from some of these bands, if at all, and what do you think of them, (mostly stuff I heard on here or hear you guys talkin about.)

PC69
EMPEROR
HAMMERFALL
RIOT
PATRICK RONDAT
SYMPHONY X
LILLIAN AXE
ARCH ENEMY
NARNIA
KING DIAMOND/MERCYFUL FATE

others???
FALCON

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:02 pm    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

New stuff along that vein (stuff I also Die For):
1-Lefay_seventh seal heavy crunch awesome readily available tunes, Metalica Master/Justice/Black like, Savatage/Waspish vocals that rip.
2-Metallium_Millineum Metal Great Heavy ripping Metal ala Euro Power Metal.
3-Vanden Plas_Far off Grace A little progressive, but big up front guitars, guitar god in the waiting!
4-Eldritch_El Nino One whomp of a great album, lots of elements, megadethish approach slightly 90ish enough to be heavy and creative!
5-Jag Panzer_Age of Mastery, Heavy Metal, little darker, but jugular shot roar!
6-Destiny's End_breathe deep the Dark maybe the best of this lot, epic...

Pink Cream 69, Symphony X, Lillian Axe are all incredible. Beside SX, PC and LA are Hard Melodic Bliss, also catch the new Steelhouse Lane and Pretty Maids should you like this!

Symphony X is the premium package if you want guitar mastery and cream filled metal songs, morsels are one after the other, start with Divine Wings or Damnation Game!

Hope that helps or gives you some ideas!
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:40 pm    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

Ive only heard the newer Hammerfall and Emperor cds. Hammerfall is far from having guitar gods in it, but they do rock in the pure old speedmetal way. To give it a review in the form of a number: (7)(its too average)

Emperor are a really hypnotic band. i find it really weird because im not really into black metal but they do set a good(or wicked maybe) type of atmosphere if you(or when you) like that sort of atmosphere. review (8.5 if you this type of music, 7 otherwise(so for me 7.5 maybe)
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 12:58 am    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

PC69-the early stuff but will it cost you!!!
EMPEROR-Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk and IX Equilibrium (the former was just voted third best album of the 90s by the writers of Metal Maniacs)
HAMMERFALL-nothing
RIOT-Fire Down Under and Inishmore
PATRICK RONDAT-dunno
SYMPHONY X-dunno...yet
LILLIAN AXE-Psychoscizophrenia
ARCH ENEMY -Burning Bridges
NARNIA-nothing...booooring
KING DIAMOND/MERCYFUL FATE-King Diamond-Them
Mercyful Fate-Don't Break the Oath and 9

HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 10:35 am    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

I like Lillian Axe Love and War - but you'll have a h-e-double-hockey-stick of a time finding it - ebay $41 last time i checked. I just picked up Metalium and agree with Falcon. I also like Mercyful Fate's Melissa.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 2:31 pm    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

dont forget to save money for all the great releases coming out next year: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest(for collecting might not be so great), Rob Halford, Savatage, Helloween, and some other classic bands are all releasing albums.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 2:36 pm    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

Don't forget about Alice Cooper's new album! It will be his first studio album since 1994's [i]The Last Temptation[/i], so it had damn well better be good.

Spirit

[img]http://www.goth.net/~shanmonster/graphics/ankhspin.gif[/img]
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 2:55 pm    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

In Flames "colony" and Arch Enemy's "Burning Bridges" should go first and second on your list. This **** has blown my mind.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 7:15 pm    Post subject: Help, money to burn Reply with quote

If you want Yngwie-style guitar but with actual dynamic music, look into Stratovarius. This band has been around almost 20 years and is only getting better. The last two albums, Destiny and Visions, easily rate 9s in my book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: