HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 1999 1:54 pm    Post subject: Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!! Reply with quote

Dammit Crusader - you get all the cool Saxon stuff that I can never find.

Must be the Grey Grim North Conspiracy at work again!!

[img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Hey man - how's that new computer workin' for ya?
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 1999 4:28 pm    Post subject: Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!! Reply with quote

Heehee...yep, you got it Night-Breed, the old G.G.N.C. organization has just turned it's wheels another inch in order to keep all good Saxon stuff away from you. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

The new computer is working just fine, but to be really sure if it'll last the distance, i'd have to give it the ultimate test; a session in Hard Chat. So I'll just have to wait until I see you there. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Crusader (edited 12-31-1999).]
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 1999 6:33 pm    Post subject: Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!! Reply with quote

Crusader, lord of all things Saxon, PLEASE report back asap with a review of the album.

One of the best shows of the decade was Saxon at the Edge in Palo Alto, California on their last tour. It was simply mind-blowing.
Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 1999 12:14 am    Post subject: Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!! Reply with quote

Wooohoooooo!!!! I finally managed to get Saxon's latest effort, Metalhead. I'm not saying this would interest any of you, but I just felt like telling you all. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I'll give you my review of it when I have listened to it enough times, like a 100 or so. [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]
eth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 1999 4:34 am    Post subject: Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!! Reply with quote

I am really glad that you found the album and I am waiting for your review. As I said my favorite song is 'Conquistador' and I think that it was a good effort but it's certainly not in my 5 fav's from SAXON.
I am glad to hear that you have a new PC.
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 1999 9:20 am    Post subject: Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!! Reply with quote

Glad to hear that Saxon is still out there kicking $ss! can't wait for the review. I saw then on the strong arm of the law tour and they blew everyone away! long live Biff and the boys.
Nicodim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 1999 4:13 pm    Post subject: Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!! Reply with quote

Hey, Crusader! It really sounds good that U got this one from Biff and Co.
But as for me, I was a little bit confused when listened Metalhead for the first time. All their last album from Solid Ball Of Rock to Unleashed The Beast were great. Each of them was better than it's predecessor. Nice job from metal veterans!
The last one, Metalhead, is heavier than others, but too monotonous...In the end they just failed to make a good successor of Unleashed The Beast.
Sorry, it's my only opinion. May be it is too tough... :-))
Crusader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 1999 10:06 pm    Post subject: Guess what!! I finally got the new Saxon album!!! Reply with quote

Finally, the long awaited review!!! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

The first thing I must say is that I was a bit disappointed with Metalhead. It is by far the heaviest album Saxon have ever made, but it lacks that true Saxon feeling, and Byford doesn't sing as good as he did on Unleash The Beast. The album is full of powerful, heavy and grinding riffs, but there's too much of it, making it a bit monotonous, and it lacks two elements that made Unleash The Beast such a great album, namely speed and melody. As opposed to Metalhead, Unleash had a lot of songs reminiscent of early Saxon, and I absolutely loved Unleash for that. Needless to say, but I will anyway, Metalhead doesn't compare to Unleash very well at all. I really thought Saxon was back on track after the, in my opinion not overly good, Dogs Of War album, but was I mistaken. I'm not saying that I dislike Metalhead, but I definately think they could have done much better. From a strictly metal perspective this album is a pretty good one, but the fact remains. This isn't just a metal album, it's a Saxon album, and as a Saxon album it doesn't really last the distance. Bringing this to the end of the review; if I have to choose some favourite songs from Metalhead they would be Metalhead, What Goes Around, and Prisoner.

If any of you have any comments on this review, please feel free to write down your thoughts.

Yours truly

Crusader - Recently elected head of the G.G.N.C. organization, and as nominated for by DeathtofalseMetal, Lord of all things Saxon!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: