HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 1999 10:00 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

Megadeth - Peace Sells - time to replace the vinyl
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Ozzy - The Ultimate Sin
Metalium - Millennium Metal
Testament - The Ritual
The Metallic-Era - compilation featuring Savage, Diamond Head, Sweet Savage, Blitzkrieg, Budgie, Holocaust, Killing Joke and Anti-Nowhere League

[This message has been edited by HeatherMetal (edited 12-22-1999).]
zombie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 1999 9:15 am    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

W.A.S.P. - Double live $2.25
Slayer - Devine Intervention 2.25
Iced Earth - live 3 cd set 10.00
Scorps love drive 2.00

You gotta love e-bay!!

7 cd's for $17.00 + 8.00 shipping
a wopping $25.00 !!!!!!

nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:56 am    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

Christmas was good to me..

got as gifts:

Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory (best of, remixed, collection of early stuff)

Iced Earth - alive in Athens 3cd set

Staind -

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

Led Zeppelin- compliation of greatest hits or something.. one cd.
anamal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 1:54 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

Todays mail had in it!
Obsession/scarred for life
Obsession/Method of madness
Toiz/aint no day at the beach
Stampede/days of wine and roses
Stampede/Hurricane town
TT Quick/ s/t..(with fortunate son)
Faithful Breath/SKOL
..some of these are cdrs you guess which ones
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 7:12 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

got:

Guns & Roses: appetite for destruction. its definitely a classic most people already own it already so ill just give it my rating: (9)

Savatage: Gutter Ballet. half sounds like earlier savatage(i actually only own hall of the mountain king before it so im not sure) but its less developed musically. The other half is the bridge to streets a rock opera, with its pianno and dramatic themes. I like the newer sound as developed on this album, but some of the songs remind me of how they have recycled their riffs and it kindof annoys me. still its good but the non-piano songs are only alright so: (7.5)

Queensryche: Empire. maybe im strange but i miss the queensryche that was depressed about things because they represented that emotion quite well in albums like rage for order and operation mindcrime. this album while having some slightly sad parts is mostly positive as far as i see it. despite this above complaint and an actual lack of heaviness(which they never had but songs on mindcrime did rock sometimes) the album is really pretty good, and i can see how it influenced bands like dream theater and fates warning(although leading the queensryche a step towards their newer directions which is very unfortunate). id say its the third best queensryche after mindcrime and warning. (8).

Helloween: Better than Raw. This album has the same style and sound basically as their last two: time of the oath, and master of the rings. its heavy fast and andi deris has a good voice next to the cool solos. i dont like the songs on this one as much though. and the sound is kindof confusing in the way its mixed so that instruments dont seem as separate as in other releases(which i miss). (8).

Led Zeppelin: In Through The Outdoor. I wanted this album because i have always loved the riff to "All of My Love". although most metalheads seem to hate them because they are soft, i love the synthesizor sound especially on this song and songs like "Jump" from Van Halen. back to the Zeppelin, i like carouselambra and all of my love and the other songs just pretty much vary on me depending on the day. overall id say its an average album with those two songs(and i guess fool in the rain is soso) being good songs. (6.5).

Scorpions: Virgin Killers. This album is different than i expected. i cant describe exactly how. i really like some songs but others im going to have to listen to some times to decide. the riff to virgin killers kicks ass. i think the riffs are actually better than what ive heard of the 80s except they arent mixed to sound so sharp and clean which in some ways takes away from the songs but in other ways makes it less commercial sounding which is good in some ways. i think the slow songs are great the fast songs are good and the other songs are too different for me to decide how i feel yet. (8.5).
Batman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 1999 7:13 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

I finally picked up In Flames "Colony" on cd yesterday with some christmas money, and I have to say I'm impressed. The guitar work is phenomenal, and the vocals and riffs remind me of newer Carcass ala "Swansong". I'm glad I picked it up! Maybe next I'll give Arch Enemy a try.

P.S. hey anamal! does that TT quick cd have the song "Frontburner" on it? I seem to recall owning that tape in the mid-80's.

[img]http://www.slaytanic.com/images/slayer/slayerlogo_small.gif[/img]
MetallicHead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 9:59 am    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

They just got in:

Slayer - Diabolus In Musica
Alice In Chains - Dirt
Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies
Alice In Chains - AIC
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - Collection...
AC/DC - Back In Black
AC/DC - Ballbreaker

Happy Dark Millenium!

[img]http://www.diveshack.com/images/ghosts/ghosts4/Mvlo7u78.gif[/img]
Batman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 8:31 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, anamal. I'm curious, where do you go to have these cd's made? I own a philips cd recorder and I'd love to get my hands on some of that old $hit!
[img]http://www.dccomics.com/movie58.gif[/img]
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 1999 11:35 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

[b]Billion Dollar Babies -- Alice Cooper[/b]
You all know that I'm going to give this one a rave review. Seriously, though, it is an extremely good album. Alice's vocal stylings are in top form, and the rest of the band members actually seem to know what they are doing. The "raw" sound is there, but it's balanced by some gorgeous orchestration. Classic, creepy, fantastically twisted -- a true work of art. No Coop fan should be without it.

[b]When the Pawn -- Fiona Apple[/b]
This one probably wouldn't interest most of you, so I'll be brief. I had my doubts about it, since I hadn't heard any of the singles, but her first album was soulful and unique, so I gave it a go. I was pleasantly surprised; it's every bit as good as the first one, and more importantly, it has a heavier feel to it, which is always a plus.

[b]The Wall -- Pink Floyd[/b]
Being a big Pink Floyd fan, I knew that I had to have this one. It's a departure for the band in some ways, yet true to the experimental, ambient sound that makes their music so appealing. Thought-provoking and lyrically and musically adventurous. It doesn't disappoint.

[b]Signals -- Rush[/b]
I really love this one. Thanks to Not Man, I am now a Rush fan, and after downloading some Rush mp3s, I decided that I really would like the album that had "Subdivisions" on it. "Subdivisions" sets the tone for the entire album. The lyrics are the main attraction, but the mixture of technical and classic elements adds an extra element to the music. Excellent.

[b]Moving Pictures -- Rush[/b]
Another great Rush album, though of the two, I prefer [i]Signals[/i]. I wish that the album had more than eight tracks; it sort of leaves me hanging at the end. All the same, it's quite good. "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight" are among my favorite tracks from this one.

[b]No. 4 -- Stone Temple Pilots[/b]
Neither disappointing nor amazing. The sound is more like that of [i]Core[/i] than that of [i]Purple[/i] and [i]Tiny Music...[/i], but some of the old energy and innovation seems to be missing in action. Maybe Weiland's just been doing too many drugs lately. I like this album, but I like the other three better.

Spirit

[img]http://www.goth.net/~shanmonster/graphics/ankhspin.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: