HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 1999 9:45 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

finally . . .
Bruce Dickinson - Chemical Wedding - why did i wait so long?
DTDomain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 12:45 am    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

Dangerous Toys : Vitamins & CrashHelmets
WASP : Helldorado
Shark Island : Law Of The Order
freeride

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 8:30 am    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

I can't remember the last time I posted something on one of these "recently purchased" threads but here's what I'm jamming on lately.
Overkill-Coverkill
Slipknot-s/t
Rush-Caress Of Steel
The Carl Stalling Project-(Cartoon Music!)
Supersuckers-The Evil Powers Of Rock N Roll
Fight-A Small Deadly Space
Steve Vai-Fire Garden
Exodus-Another Lesson In Violence (H-Team Rules! Hell Yeah!)
Depp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 11:35 am    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

Arch enemy seems amazing then, ill get a cd asap! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Hippyblood, be sure to check out B-Thong, Transport League is a offspring from them (itīs B-Thongs old singers new band [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 1999 4:29 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

Cathedral-In Memoriam
Lillian Axe-Fields of Yesterday
Metalium-Millennium Metal Chapter One
Sally-s/t

Paul G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 1999 4:56 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

A big MASSIVE thumbs up for the following.

UFO "Werevolves of London" &
PC69 "Food for Thought"

Perfect examles of melodic hard rock at it's finest.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 1999 8:47 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

finally got Diamond Head's "Canterbury" cd in the mail. I know you said you were looking for it at one point Metalfilm and it is available for 30 dollars at Impulse music.

I was very disappointed in this album. It sounds like a mix basically of three things: Led Zeppelin clone type of sound(Kingmaker definately falls in this category), Diamond Head on "Death and Progress" album(which did come later but its easier to find so i got it first), and plain 80s rock. it actually would be alright but some of it is just too annoying. for instance all the constant moaning that the background vocalists do and the singer too. "Making Music Oh oh oh, oh oh oh Making Music." "oh ah ah ah Ismael! Ishmael ah ah ah". and that sort of stuff drives me nuts because it would be a decent rock album without that stuff. its kindof progressive too with some switching around in sounds especially in "the Kingmaker". Rating:6(due to dissapointment, might be a 7 or maybe 8 to someone who doesnt care about all the above mentioned problems with it).
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 1999 10:56 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

The DC Cooper cd came in last week and hasn't left my player yet. Ok only once to make a car tape but the steering wheel hasn't heard any new tunes! Fave tracks include Freedom , The Angel Comes and the Halford like Whisper.

Never heard any of the guy's previous work so any Royal Hunt recommendations?
Raider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 1999 10:55 pm    Post subject: Recently Purchased CDs Episode IV: A new thread Reply with quote

Enslaved--Eld

Enslaved gets my award for most unreadable band logo. I had to sit down and really stare at that thing for a while before I was finally able to pick out the letters.

Really like it, though. But the clean vocals seem out of place. I think they would have been better off to stick with only black metal vocals. But this is my opinion after only a few listens. I might decide they fit after a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: