HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bands of the 90s?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 12:55 am    Post subject: Bands of the 90s? Reply with quote

maybe this is too hard a question for some but i was just wondering what bands people thought were the greatest in the 90s. List top three please if possible. I would put:

1.Helloween: although some people may doubt them for Pink Bubbles and Chameleon(I actually like these releases too but the lyrics are the worst lyrics ever), the rest of their 90s material is superior to the 80s material. They have better solos better sound, and more interesting songs(and i think their lyrics have actually become a lot better since Kiske left). Master of the Rings has some of their best songs with "Why?" and "Where the Rain Grows". Time of the Oath I find to be far more consistent than any previous works and the recent album and covers album, Better than Raw and Metal Jukebox were both solid.

2. Savatage: Another band some people may have been disappointed because they left their other sound. But they have a new sound that still is capable of rocking but at the same time has room for interesting songs and really different arrangements from most metal bands. Edge of Thorns is one of my favorite albums and had one of the most awesome lineups ever. I also think Handful of Rain was a great album and the recent two albums are also very good.

3. Megadeth: I realize every band ive mentioned has changed their sound but thats part of what i like about them- theyve changed but are still great if not better than they were in the 80s. With the exception of Risk(and maybe Cryptic Writings) everything released by Megadeth in the 90s has been good. Rust in Peace is almost undeniably their best album. Youthanasia though not popular with most metal fans still is a good midpaced album, and Countdown to Extinction ties the two styles together.

What are your thoughts on this?
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 1:52 am    Post subject: Bands of the 90s? Reply with quote

Jake, your right, this is a question I cannot answer. I have heard too many bands I liked to really point finger at my favorite.
SunKingHono

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2000 2:07 am    Post subject: Bands of the 90s? Reply with quote

Sorry Jake, my heart and ears remain in the late 70's and early 80's!

For the most part my musical taste failed to develop beyond 1985.

hmmm...90's, damn!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: