HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you ever look back sometimes<>??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Racerxxx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2000 11:21 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

I know this is going to sound stupid. But for all those people in the late 80's and early 90's do you ever really remember the good times you had with the music you grew up with. How many ballads have been written that you could think of by a metal band that closely resembled you're own break up. How many fights did you get into beating up a guy that said you're band sucked. How many times did you get drunk at a party and wake up still drunk. How many concerts did you attend. All that Sh.it growing up.....I sound like a flake but then again you don't know who I am and well it's good to look back sometimes
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 2:19 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

Look back hell. I still live this way and I'm 32. Yeah, most people my (our?) age have houses and wives and kids and careers etc. Me, I'm still living like I'm 19. Party constantly, drink like I have gills, still hang out at the local heavy metal bars, blah blah blah. Band practice keeps me busy 3 nights a week and the heartless bastards make me drink beer. Can ya believe it? Wake up drunk? that's a twice a week gig. Still smoke a little weed here and there, still looking for more tattoos to get. Always up for sport sex.

With a little luck, the band I'm joining (yeah - the new one without "J") is going into the studio in late March to cut a new CD and we're planning a short summer tour, 8-10 weeks around the south and east coasts.

Some may say I'm long overdue for "growing up" or whatever. But you know what, I have a helluva lot of fun. What else matters? I'm an atheist and don't believe in reincarnation or an after life of any kind. I believe this is a one trip ride around the block. I want to do everything I can and see everything I can before I take the dirt nap.

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. I don't intend to stop overdoing anything for a long time.
Heather

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 2:39 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

I have only bought a handful of new albums since 1992. Look back? Always. I'm one of those with kids, a house for sale and buying our third. Still searching for that place to call home now (we're thinking of Vermont next). Spent years on the road with my husband and his bands, we waited 6 years to have kids and sometimes wonder why we didn't wait longer. Still have that desire to travel, see places, meet people but credit cards, mortgage payments, stability for the kids out weighs it. Some songs still make me laugh about something that happened when that song was on, or cry or feel nostaglic. Hell, the 80's live on if only in my little world!
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 3:00 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

Heather: didn't you guys just move to Arizona? Are you running from the law or something? (just kidding).

Look back? Hell yeah. I will always love the 80s for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. You hear that Dio song or Maiden or Crue or Kix or Y&T or Armored Saint or Lizzy (of either the "Thin" or "Borden" variety). You remember all the times you hung out with your buddies after school, drinking beer or whatever while blasting that stuff. I guess it just goes with the times. Plus, it was some damn good music too.
Heather

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 5:26 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

Death,

Naah! We're not running from the law this time! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

We're in Phoenix and it just doesn't feel right. Does that make any sense? We're gonna give it some time but I guess once you have kids living in the city isn't as fun as it used to be. Besides how can people live this close to each other?
Templar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 6:37 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

Unlike Night-Breed, my life IS over at this point, so I spend a great deal of my time looking back. For me, the past is a much more pleasant place to spend time than the present. All I have to look forward to is the long downward spiral into physical degeneration and social isolation, both of which are fast overtaking me. In fact, the only thing I look forward to any more is the beautiful day when I pay back all my enemies, then lay their severed heads around me in a circle, drench myself in gasoline, and light my funeral pyre.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 6:40 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

Im still growing up dude. but its funny: for some reason ive always thought 80s party metal was the music of good times and highschool and college and i wasnt even into that stuff back in the 80s(cause i was like uh 8) so when i hear poison i start thinking parties even if poison is never played at parties. And i think of 80s kids with goofy hair. For me the drinking and other insanity has only just started. Havent woken up drunk yet though.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 6:45 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

I love the flashbacks which occur when I hear or put on some old metal.. Can still remember the day I picked up Blackout and first heard the crash of the breaking glass. Or whenever I hear Screaming for Vengence it reminds me of the end of high school. Side one of Mob Rules always brings back the memory of being stoned and playing video games all afternoon, forever damaging my brain.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2000 8:29 pm    Post subject: Do you ever look back sometimes<>?? Reply with quote

Do I look back - i'm trying to recapture it? I will never grow up, you get really boring when you grow up.

I refuse to turn down my 70's/80's/90's/00's metal when I'm in the car - in fact, i'm going to get a convertible so the rest of the world can listen to it too.

I went to a sh*t load of concert this year (most on the weekdays) and I got up bright and early for work the next morning. It's all in the frame of mind and in my little delusional world I'm still 17.

We can all hook up at one of Night-Breed's shows and party like it's 1980 something again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: