HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The song that opened your heart to rock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicodim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 6:50 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

Do ya see what I mean? I just wanna ask U what song helped U to find the one and the only love of a lifetime? The love we usually use to call hard'n'heavy music...
As for me it was happened long ago - in the 86', when I was just nine yrs old. It was a programm on the 1st Channel of Russian TV called "The Morning Post". The music programm which usually showed the clips of pop-singers. It was a time of early years of Perestroyka-era. So, these creative directors from "The Morning Post" decided to show us what these capitalists from the Wild West (U know that just 3-4 years before Russians and Americans were the worst enemies) used to listen. I never heard such a good and emotional music before!!! Because almost all foreign bands and singers were prohibited here in the USSR at that time. And first of all - those bands, which are played rock music or metal...Yeah, sure we knew about AC/DC, Metallica, KISS, Accept and Manowar. But, as our politicians repeated everytime: "It's not a music. It's a secret and dangerous imperialistic weapon against Russian people and their minds." Isn't it fun?
OK'! What the band it was and the song, I'd listen? Oh, no! I can't!!! I have a risk to become a joker for U if U'll only know what the band made a rocker from me! And I'll die because of yo sarcastic jokes! But I made my choice...
So, it was...
it was....................it was....
BON JOVI - "Livin' On A Prayer"

Don't U shoot me! Yeah, I know they're soft not hard, but these guys were the first, who show me WHAT THE MUSIC IS!!! REAL MUSIC!

Nicodim

And now open yo secrets, my friends!
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 7:06 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

For me, it was Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun," back in the sixth grade.

Spirit

[img]http://www.goth.net/~shanmonster/graphics/ankhspin.gif[/img]
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 7:18 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

Actually It was Billy Idol with me, and bon jovi opened new doors also.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 7:22 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

For me, it comes in concentric arcs.

1984: Watching Nickelodeon, I come across Def Leppard's "Photograph" and Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock" on the long-cancelled show, Nick Rocks.

1986: Drove to school on the bus with a driver who constantly blasted "In and Out of Love," "You Give Love a Bad Name" and, yes, Nicodim, "Livin' on a Prayer."

March 3, 1988: Watching the HBO premiere of A Nightmare on Elm Street 3, I am enthralled (I am a huge Freddy fan). But even more frightening than the film was George Lynch's guitar and Don's wail, neither of which I thought were of this world.

Summer 1989: Great White----->Skid Row-----Motley Crue. The Moscow Music Peace Festival, Headbangers Ball. MTV was so fine then.

March 24, 1990: Saw "The Trooper" on Headbangers Ball. The end.
SunKingHono

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 7:42 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

Black Sabbath -Iron Man sometime in 74 or 75
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 7:53 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

My older brother played me Kiss' "Beth." I thought it was so nice and sweet. I borrowed the album. Wow. I was hooked on rock and roll. This was in the 70s, I was probably in 4th or 5th grade. Landmarks for me in terms of trudging down the path through the ensuing years, until 7th grade in 1980 when I was officially a metal head, included hearing Cheap Trick's "Live at Budokan," AC/DC's "Back in Black," Thin Lizzy's "Jail Break," Rainbow's "Rising", the first Iron Maiden, and Ozzy's "Blizzard of Oz." Mindy you, didn't hear all of 'em the day they came out, but . . .
katwoman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 9:19 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

I used to listen to my oldest sister's albums all the time in the early 70's. She turned me on to Deep Purple, Argent, Elf, Mountain, and Uriah Heep. I spent hours in my room singing the lyrics. After that I was hooked, and later on the Headbanger's Ball showed me a different style of music and I loved it. I really miss that show.
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 9:34 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

Def Leppard-Pour Some Sugar On Me
Poison-Nothin But A Good Time
Aerosmith-Rag Doll

Now you may laugh but I was 7 when these came out and they still rock for me today.
BigAl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2000 11:02 pm    Post subject: The song that opened your heart to rock Reply with quote

originally when sister brought home bon jovi - slippery when wet (favs were you give love a bad name, and living on a prayer, which when i was 8 i though they were saying "living on a prarie" and i thought you give love a bad name was called "shot through the heart").. then thunderstruck in '90 was icing on the cake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: