HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you would go to hell...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2000 11:01 pm    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

If you would risk the death penalty for listening to heavy metal, then would you still listen to it?

the other more realistic question in a way that ive been wondering is: what would a metalhead do if he was sent to the middle of nowhere with no electricity? like if the world ran out of fuel and then there was no energy to power boomboxes and guitars of any kind, then all we would have is acoustics. what then? I have just been thinking that every thing metal relies so heavily on recordings and electricity. If there was no power Metalfilm would have wasted alot of money on cds! I know im rambling but i just wondered what people thought about these questions.
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2000 1:32 am    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

I refuse to answer that question because I know that would never happen. So, I don't even want to think about it. About the electricity problem, we'll have to use rivers and waterfalls to generate electricity, for another alternative, hook up generators to people riding stationary bikes and we could get electricity through that. We could have all the gangsta rappers fly kites in thunderstorms with keys attached to the string and hook that up into a power source. Won't get much wattage out of it, but it's a win-win situation. We could use the saline from Britany's boobs as some sort of a power source. We could get a bunch of electric eels for electricity too. Power source problem-solved.

[This message has been edited by Bullgod10304 (edited 02-24-2000).]
ROKKZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2000 2:43 am    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

"WAGNER,BACH,BEETHOVEN" were metal for there time, for sure !
no electric power back then.
metal isnt just electric..it's devotion to a way of life (rebel-ism) there isnt no M-F that hasnt walked the fire that can call himself a metal rokk'r just because he knows some **** he read. it's personal experance's,
not living off of someone elses shoe prints !
you gotta make your own mark, and make it in blood !!!!

you gotta walk it/live it/be it
not play the WANNA BE game.
those are left by the wayside as soon as they see what damage life can bring on if your not of the norm.

thats why theres so many wanna be's out there today...they wanna be metal...but they havent paid no dues. and the true fire is filled with dues !!!
"IN OUR THING" there isnt no free ride...you gotta deal with the real !

welcome to the fire !!!!!!

"FLY OUR FLAG"
ROKKZ

nothing personal to anyone,
unless the noose fits !

eth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2000 5:14 am    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

Way to go ROKKZ I agree 100% [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Daronas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2000 6:09 am    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

ROKKZ, I'm with you dude. Some of you know how hard it is to grow up metal. My family always make fun of my long hair. I've been called faggot, girlie man, etc. by family members. I was laughed at in school for wearing eye liner and nail polish(black of course). I'm thirty now and I don't wear the make-up any more. I do have long hair, goatee, tattoos, and still wear concert shirts. I make outrageous cash, but sales people will not approach me in stores. If they don't want the comission I say **** 'em and spend my money elsewhere. That's just the tip of the iceberg, but I've rambled enough.

Point being; I have not, am not, and will not ever change for anyone. If you don't like me, **** You.

BTW, I love women.(Damn, I can't stop defending myself).

[This message has been edited by Daronas (edited 02-24-2000).]
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2000 8:39 am    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

Amen brothers. I'm with ya too ROKKZ. Metal is an attitude, a way of living life. Awhile back, HeatherMetal started a thread about flying your metal flag. (she rules BTW) She pumped F.uck Like a Beast over her office intercom once. Very f.ucking cool. I can write Motley Crue on my own ass legibly in eyeliner pencil. I still wear mine on hardcore Goth days Daronas, but I totally get the same treatment you talked about. Long hair, goatee, tattoos, black nails etc... add up to no service at restaurants and stores. I've thought about starting a thread on that exact topic actually. I get treated like s.hit sometimes because of the way I look.

F.uck 'em. This is me and I LIKE the way I look.

Oh yeah, the electricity thing, I'll burn the shoes of a.ssholes who piss me off to power the generators.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2000 8:42 am    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

If it meant the death penalty, I'd still listen to it.

If there were no electricity, I'd borrow Richard Gere's gerbils and rig something up to listen to my CDs.

I agree with you guys - metal is a way of life. Long hair, black clothes, dark gray nails, leather, and rolling down the windows and cranking up the jams while riding in the car especially when that white boy who wants to be a black boy is in the car next to you cranking up his rap sh*t.

You'll be happy to know, I've expanded my office broadcasts to include the intro from "Dirty Balls".

[This message has been edited by HeatherMetal (edited 02-24-2000).]
Motorola

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2000 5:38 pm    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

Look, you don't necessarily have to have long hair, wear black, tattoos, etc. in order to be a real Metallian. I have never worn any of those things, yet I claim to be rather an expert on hard rock and metal music (especially 70'a and 80's). I'm 31 now and I'm more convinced than ever that this is the music that will last. All the pop crap will soon be forgotten. I got a lot of crap from classmates etc. because of my good taste when I grew up, I didn't even have to dress up! I grew up in a pretty posh neighbourhood where it simply wasn't acceptable to listen to what they considered "blue-collar" music. I beat them at school (I'm talking about grades), got a better job and I'm still listening to metal. They have long forgotten their poser pop heroes.

Wrath of the Metallian
Templar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2000 6:09 pm    Post subject: If you would go to hell... Reply with quote

HAIL, ROKKZ!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: