HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to see (your) Bottom!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2000 7:37 pm    Post subject: I want to see (your) Bottom! Reply with quote

Hey, Chicago area people, can you help me out? I want to see [b]Bottom[/b] April 8th, but I don't know anything about the Fireside Bowl. Where's it at, is it cool, am I gonna get shot? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

As for Bottom, these girls rock! It's a 3 piece band (my favorite kind) out of NY and they do some serious jammin. Take a look [url=http://www.bottommusic.com]http://www.bottommusic.com[/url] . You may or may not like their music, but you gotta love a chic in a Black Sabbath Tee!
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 9:55 am    Post subject: I want to see (your) Bottom! Reply with quote

Hey, I think that I saw them in a gig with Penance this summer in Pittsburgh. Any possibility that could be the case??
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 11:47 am    Post subject: I want to see (your) Bottom! Reply with quote

Night-Breed picks up the grounder and whips it to Bullgod...
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 5:45 pm    Post subject: I want to see (your) Bottom! Reply with quote

Thanks Swidman! I was looking for more of a first hand account of the place, but I appreciate the info anyway. I thought there were some Chicago folk here...

Dark Reign - No idea about Pittsburg. I don't know a whole lot about Bottom. I just have 3 mp3s of them and like the sound. Plus, you just can't beat the club scene. I'd rather see a minor league band in a club than a big shot band in an arena anyday. I like my rock n roll in my face! Especially in Bottoms case... [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
zombie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 10:14 pm    Post subject: I want to see (your) Bottom! Reply with quote

ALLLL right, Girls metal bands are making a comeback..ie Bottom, Drain..I guess Rock Goddess and girlschool paved the way.
Not a bad site, but I would like to have seen a link for a mps ( hope I did not miss it )
Swidman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 12:50 am    Post subject: I want to see (your) Bottom! Reply with quote

Here is some info on the Fireside Bowl.

Fireside Bowl
2646 W. Fullerton Ave.
773-486-2700

Although bowling is occasionally allowed here ($2 per game/$1 for shoes), the main function of the Fireside Bowl is to serve more as an all-ages venue for legitimate hardcore punk bands--perhaps the only such venue in the city. Here, the cutting edge can be seen and heard in a relatively comfortable setting. The Fireside can handle as many as 800 people, though few shows play to more than 300. There is a lounge-type bar set off to one side, with worn vinyl seating, a pool table, a couple of video games and a basketball game (for 50 cents, shooters can see how many jump shots they can make). There is a fully stocked bar, and both domestic and imported beers are available. This is a funky, lively place.
For more on local music, including news, reviews and show information, go to Reverb.

Hours: 7 p.m.-midnight Wednesday through Sunday; closed Monday and Tuesday

INSIDE: Fireside Bowl

Extras:
Admissions $5-$6
Seating Can accommodate up to 800, though usually not more than 300; 40 in the lounge
Wheelchair Access Entrance way is narrow; employees will gladly assist
Parking Street parking possible
Transportation Accessible by Chicago Transit Authority buses (route 74 Fullerton); Blue Line elevated trains (California stop)
Payment Method Cash only
Spirits Full bar; domestic and imported beer
Family Oriented Yes
Smoking Cigars are also permitted
Food No
Music Styles Rock
Bar Styles Lounge, All Ages/No Alcohol
Live Music Yes
Games Bowling, Billiards/Pool
Recreation Activity
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 5:17 pm    Post subject: I want to see (your) Bottom! Reply with quote

Hey Zombie - There are 3 mp3s under the "volumes" link I believe. It's the sweet, fuzzy kyuss-ey sounding stuff. My favorite kind. Rock on!
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2000 7:44 pm    Post subject: I want to see (your) Bottom! Reply with quote

Uh, yeah, what Swidman said. I never hear anything around here about metal bands. There aren't any metal stations that I can get, except for one in Milwaukee, and even then, I get alot of static. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
Bullgod trips after Night-Breed whips him the ball and pulls a groin muscle. Opposing team gets an RBI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: