HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I feel like I'm gonna explode!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freeride

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 8:59 am    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Is it just me or does lame ass music just drive you insane! I work in a huge manufacturing facility and these guys build these big, giant stereos to play in the plant. It amazes me the "music" that comes out of these things. I'm talking about grown men listening to top 40 radio. Disco is what I've always called it. Man it SUCKS! It just stresses me completely man, I hate it. Does this pathetic sounding crap have this effect on anybody else out there? Even the "classic" station bugs me. Loverboy, Bryan Adams, Foreigner, is that classic to you? It makes me pissed all night, every night. Let me know I'm not alone in my suffering! (Insert insane scream here).
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 9:41 am    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

I know what you mean - most country music drives me insane and one of my friends is a total cow girl. If we ride in her car, we listen to country music. Somebody just shoot me please.

But that's ok, I've force fed her WASP's "KFD", Slayer, etc. when she rides in my car and if her child expresses interest in a rock band, I buy him the CD immediately. It's my civic duty.

At least in our office, we have a couple of commercial free heavy metal stations that I can tune into and there's always Hard Radio if I can't commandeer one of the receivers.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 1:46 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Can I get a Halleluyah brothers and sisters!!!

There isn't much country crap to deal with here in my area, but the top 40 bubble gum BS makes me see spots. I'm lucky enough to work in a sterile, muzak free environment. (Heather aren't you the one working with them? - stay away from my office!) [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

We have a fairly decent FM rock radio station here but, jeez, how much Metallica and Creed can a person take in one day? Their play list is shorter than a ferret's dick.

I listen to a crazy wide variety of styles of music, my CDs run from James Taylor to WASP to George Clinton. But pop and country...ugh.

Ooh, the humanity.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 1:50 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Forgot, I was looking through my new girlfriends' CD this past weekend and among the expected chick music I found Godsmack, Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Rob Zombie. There's hope!

I have a new purpose in life!! To Metal-ize my new hottie!!
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 3:28 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Night-Breed's got a girrrrlllllfriend - wahoo!

I sell the good kind of background music complete with heavy metal channels - i want to rid the world of bad Muzak!
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 4:32 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Yup, and oh Lord is she [i]Fiiiiiiine![/i]

"grrr baby, very grrr!!!"
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 5:00 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

For all the crap everyone gives country i dont think it's that bad. some of the newer stuff has a certain steady riff(although country style) that really reminds me of hard rock. Country also fits a certain mood(which i find to be important for a music type to fit a mood). i dont have any country cds but i really dont mind country sometimes, whereas hearing rap(cause they never play anything but the newest junkiest rap) and almost any pop causes unwanted seizures.
Templar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 6:02 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

Yeah, pop music just drives me insane, as does rap. Fortunately, I am not forced to listen to other peoples' music at work. I don't know how some of you take it, I really don't. I just don't think I could handle hearing crap music all day. I can tolerate country for a while, particularly if it's not too hickified. Though I like classic rock, I get really tired of hearing the same 10 damn songs over and over. As far as most of those radio stations are concerned, Bad Company wrote one song, Boston wrote one song, Zeppelin wrote one song, etc., and those songs are all they play. I am not the kind of person who can just listen to anything at all - if I don't like it, I'd rather have silence.
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 7:00 pm    Post subject: I feel like I'm gonna explode! Reply with quote

I can listen to music in my office if I play it real low and keep the door shut, but people think I'm anti-social then. I can also use headphones, but it's a pain in the ass and I have to keep taking them off when the phone rings. On the weekend, I work with headphones regardless. Still, listening to nothing is better than listening to top 40.

As for "country," I am appaled by this top 40 country, which is just pop music sung by people wearing cowboy hats. Personally, I love old-school country. Stuff like Wilco, Whiskeytown, Richmond Fontaine, Bottle Rockets, Alejandro Escovedo, Freewheelers, Luther Russell, etc. I listen to this stuff almost as much as metal. It has a lot in common with metal in terms of its rawness, emotion and feel. I keep trying to educate my "country" friends, but those people are just top 40 fans, and really don't have the energy to develop good taste. Anyway, I digress.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: