HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXCITER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 8:33 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Spirit - I've always found that when curious about an older, established band, purchasing one of their greatest hits is the way to go. For your Maiden fix, try "Best of The Beast". It's got approximately 15 or 16 of their (most popular?) rockers. If not, get the "Ed Hunter" soundtrack to their video game. Starting with either one of these is best, as you get an "all around - beginning to recent" feel for the band. TRUST US HERE AT THE BOARD, YOU WILL F UCKING LOVE MAIDEN! UP THE IRONS!!!!

EXCITER
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 8:46 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

in order that I think of them...

Killers(dianno at his best)
Piece of mind(the trooper and flight of icarus)
Number of the Beast

then anything after that, except for the last couple of releases.
Fredrik Nilsson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 9:29 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Just avoid Blaze Bailey and you'll be fine..!

And maybe No prayer for the dying and Fear of the dark also. Buy them last. But never buy the Blaze albums, they stink.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 9:36 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Maiden has a two disk greatest hit set that would give you an overview of their entire catalog. I go for the greatest hits stuff when checking out older artists.

My favorite Maiden is Number of the Beast.
Black Spiral Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 9:48 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Along with Sabbath, Maiden has got to be my all-time favorite metal band. I'm currently woodshedding the entire Maiden catalog on bass to hone my chops a bit. Harry is the baddest bassist, next to possibly Geezer, in metal. Personally I find "The Number of the Beast" the most thematically cohesive of their records and it is in my all-time top ten of best recordings ever. "Powerslave" is a close second.

Gods, I envy you Spirit. I would love to re-experience the joy of discovering the amazing band.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 10:42 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

You guys rock. The first chance I get, I'll run out and grab [i]Powerslave[/i] and [i]The Number of the Beast[/i] and take it from there. That ought to make the counter peons at Sam Goody do a double take.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 10:56 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Sounds good Spirit, but pick up Killers and either Number or Powerslave.

I disagree about buying greatest hits cd's. ONly time I have done that is when I have already had a bunch on vinyl and want some on cd. Some compilations are pretty good but I like the original recordings and with Number and Powerslave and Killers, you can't go wrong.
Black Spiral Dancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 11:38 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Spirit - Hold on! Before you run out and buy those CDs for $16.99 at Sam Goody, try one of the great used CD sites on the web. Spun.com has a pretty good selection of new and used CDs in top condition and I've noticed that they also carry the enhanced CD versions from Raw Power records of the Maiden CDs. These have videos, song samples from other albums, bios, and other multimedia stuff. If they have them used they are priced around $7.99
Secondspin.com is also okay. These sites will ship the discs to you within a few days and even with S&H you will save big over buying them from a big chain store.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2000 11:59 am    Post subject: Until you've licked armpit and between toes, you haven't exp Reply with quote

Thanks BSD! I couldn't very well go to Sam Goody now anyway, seeing as I am not "licensed to drive"...maybe this whole online thing is the answer. Hmm...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: