HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best debut albums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2000 10:28 pm    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

Some very good picks listed above...as extra listings.....

Iron Savior-"Iron Savior"
Iron Maiden-"Iron Maiden"
QuantumRocker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2000 2:12 am    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

Holy Cremolie!!! So many bands have best "first" albums. Off the top of my head I'd have to say....
Nightwish - Angels Fall First (my all-time favorite 1st album)
Vandenburg
Iron Maiden's 1st
Liquid Tension Experiment
Queensryche EP (one of my old bands used to jam to it)
Royal Hunt
Guns & Roses
Robert Miles
Vitalij Kuprij
Yngwie Malmsteen
Motley Crue
Impellitteri
Emerald Steel
Emerald Rain
Doro
Primus
Iced Earth
Jason Becker
Joe Satriani (Surfing??? - somebody let me know)
David Lee Roth
Majestic
Lightmare
Opeth
Dio
Theatre of Tragedy

Ok, there are a lot of other bands that didn't come into their awesome sound until like the 2nd or 3rd album, plus the label: "1st" album...is debate-able..Most bands put out like 1 or 2 unsigned albums before they are noticed...but I assume we're talking about once they are on a major label.

btw samsalt1: lethal-programmed is a really cool band/album name set...You have me intrigued....off to IRC land.. hehe :P
Fretbuzz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2000 2:28 am    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

Quantumrocker-----Satch's first album is" "Not of this earth"
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2000 8:20 pm    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

Rex, really there's nothing to it. A few issues back, Ill Lit advertised that they wanted freelance writers and I basically wrote em back, wrangled a few interviews/reviews and am now just one of the hacks, haha.

And I'm Kirshner. Matthew Kirshner.
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2000 9:02 pm    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

Matt, I thought it was the Metal Hammer?
Like any of y'all care, but....
Hennig, Andrew Hennig.
And since I have such a cool German middle name; Waldemar. I have a kick ass Medeval name too, Waldemar the Destroyer.
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2000 9:03 pm    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

Anyways, I have to agree with the STP one and Van Halen, and I'd have to add Days of the New.
samsalt1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2000 9:10 pm    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

QuantumRocker-let me know if you get the lethal-programmed cd and what you think of it. its the crimson glory album that should have been made instead of strange and beautiful. tom mallicoat is incredible! good luck.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2000 9:19 pm    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

You won't find my name in any magazines, but I do have one. My real name is Xan Nowakowski. No associations with medieval minions of murder, I'm afraid, but the first name is of my own creation, shortened from Alexandra. When I was two, I began to insist that people call me "Xan" and have gone by that ever since. Listening to strangers' attempts to pronounce my name -- first and last -- is always a hoot. For the record, it's pronounced "Zan Nova-cough-ski." My middle name is not so outlandish, though...it's Catherine. How boring.
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2000 9:38 am    Post subject: best debut albums Reply with quote

Lethal.....programmed......great album. Still remember picking that one up when it came out........I heard everything since then was downhill.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: