HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

best runs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 6:40 pm    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

I was looking at metal judgements review section and someone rated slayer high just for having such a great run of albums(good albums in a row). what bands have the greatest runs? and how/which albums?
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 8:31 pm    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

In Flames comes to mind...Jester Race, Whoracle, and Colony...three great albums in a row. Hopefully the upcoming Clayman will make it four.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 8:41 pm    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

I just had In Flames on the brain, earlier, but the longest run of good albums must surely belong to Maiden...in my opinion, everything from their debut through Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is essential and brilliant. Others will disagree, I'm sure.

Also worth mentioning: Judas Priest. Sad Wings through British Steel (5). And I'm sure no one will disagree with the first 4 Sabbath albums.
Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 8:44 am    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

Immortal's had a good run.

I must admit not having heard "Blizzard Beasts," but the VAST majority of Immortal fans say it's excellent, so I'll count it and give them credit for 4 straight good ones for sure, and all the Europeans who have "Damned in Black" already are saying it's another killer album by this band, giving them five. And if their debut is good (which I'm not sure of and I've heard mixed reviews of it), that would give them six excellent albums without a single bad one so far.

Probably Blind Guardian, too. I only have the two most recent ones, but the two before those seem to get rated every bit as highly as those two.
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 10:04 am    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

I agree with the Maiden decision. I'd have to add Running Wild, although there are those who will disagree with me for sure. I just think that they have all been consistent.
Motorola

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 5:25 pm    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

Motorhead: Overkill - Iron Fist
B. Sabbath: B. Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Saxon: Wheels Of Steel - Denim & Leather
BOC: BOC - Agents Of Fortune
Maiden: Maiden - Piece Of Mind

There are too many...
TheFightingViper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 7:23 pm    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

-Maiden, DEFINATLY.
-Megadeth, from the start up-to Youthanasia. (If even that far)
-Anthrax
-Metallica, up until Load.. They blew it with that one. Can anyone else say "Sell-out"?
-Corrosion of Conformity
-Unsound (Unsigned Group from Raleigh, N.C.)

Toooo many....
Mad Max

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2000 11:21 pm    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

My Picks:

UFO: Force It thru The Wild, The Willing, and the Innocent

Thin Lizzy: Fighting thru Thunder & Lightning

Anathema: Eternity thru Judgement

Gillan: Mr. Universe thru Magic

Iron Maiden: S/T thru Seventh Son

Dream Theater: All five (including the very under-rated Falling into Infinity)

Judas Priest: Sad Wings thru Hell Bent

[This message has been edited by Mad Max (edited 04-27-2000).]
Depp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 7:28 am    Post subject: best runs? Reply with quote

Sure, maiden alright. They peaked in about powerslave, having just great songs. Although piece of mind had some bad songs. But still and ok album.

Anthrax three latest albums are killers.

Sabbath had great albums all the way until dio left. That , of course, excludes technical ecstacy. Although few like the never say never, i love that album, air dancer being a real killer. That's the kind of solos iommi should do nowadays.

B-Thong made three consecutive killer albums, from the first to strength beyond strength.

Carcass, necrotism, heartwork and swansong.

And the list goes on
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: