HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best power ballads??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 7:48 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

Though individual songs are fine for mention, I am really looking for your thoughts on BANDS who generally wrote the best power ballads. Here are my submissions:

1.Scorpions: "In Trance," "In Your Park," "Yellow Raven," "Holiday," "Lady Starlight," "Still Loving You," etc.

2.Bon Jovi: "Silent Night," "Never Say Goodbye," "Living in Sin," "Stick to Your Guns," "I'll Be There for You," "Bed of Roses," "Always"

3.Vandenburg: "Burning Heart," "Different Worlds," "Once in a Lifetime," "How Long"
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:02 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

How bout

Def leppard

Have you ever needed someone, Love and Hate Collide, Miss you in a heart beat, Two steps behind.

Aerosmith

What it takes, Angel, anything of of get a grip.
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:10 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

OK, an individual mention for ya.

Before the Dawn - JP

Everytime I hear it, it makes me wanna bawl like a six year old girl who's puppy was just run over in the driveway by her molesting, drunken step-father.
SpiritOnParole

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:31 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

Helloween, Guns n' Roses, and Aerosmith are all good bands for ballads. Alice Cooper is kind of hit-or-miss with his.

Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 8:33 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

Ugh, those later Def Leppard ballads make me ill.
killed_by_death

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 9:02 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

I like Testament's ballads "The Legacy", "Return to Serenity" and "Trail of Tears". They aren't a ballad machine. Whitesnake had decent ballads.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 9:47 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

yeah scorpions has cool ballads.

I like Skid Row's ballads alot(I remember you, wasted time, 18 and Life, quicksand jesus, in a darkened room) although they were really kindof cheesy(but still are most ballads so whatever).

Ballads i dont like: Manowar; specifically the kings of metal album. their ballads just sound so ridiculous after a while. they get so emotional about something that definitely never happened(as in like going to die the next day in a medieval battle). i like Master of the Wind alright though.

all the great Rainbow ballads/slow songs are great: Catch the Rainbow, Self Portrait, Temple of the King(awesome), Rainbow Eyes(Dio's voice was just beyond awesome on this song). and also on all other blackmore projects songs such as Child in Time(Deep Purple awesome), and all the Blackmore's Night stuff(i love all the melodie flow he has in all his songs, even if there isnt a cool solo, there will always be some awesome melody, and in the case of the medieval stuff it is even more apparent and awesome).
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 10:28 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

Amorphis's Divinity
I love it!!
Metallica's One
Speaking of sold out whores, I just heard their new tune today. It really didn't impress me. The riffs sound like Sevendust material. I think Lajon has been writing for good old Jimmy. Load and Reload I think are pretty good, but this new stuff has been done before. At least Load and Reload were original.

[This message has been edited by Bullgod10304 (edited 04-27-2000).]
Fretbuzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2000 10:30 pm    Post subject: Best power ballads?? Reply with quote

Kix- Don't Close Your Eyes probably one of the better things this band has done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: