HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2000 11:52 pm    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

I heard Durst say Napster is cool, he doesn't make records for record companys, he makes them for the fans.
Whatever happened to that?
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 9:27 am    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

(from Billboard) - Metallica will deliver over 60,000 pages of information Wednesday to Napster's offices, listing more than 1.4 million copyright violations of 95 Metallica songs and recordings by 335,435 distinct users, the heavy metal band said.
The online software company, target of a Metallica suit, had asked for the names of users trading the band's songs and promised to delete them.

Acacia70

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 10:31 am    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

i'm with metallica on this one. doesn't matter how much money they have, they deserve their cut just like anyone else.
Depp

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 4:26 pm    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

No they don´t. Not if their cut goes out from the smaller bands that need this to get know, and to get their songs heard. I say **** metallica. Maybe i should spread all the albums i have just for fun ? [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Night-Breed

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 5:09 pm    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

I'm with Depp. Metallica built a fan base, in part, by encouraging bootlegging. Now that they're at the top of the food chain, "bootlegging is bad, m'kay." They're not thinking about the new bands who desperatly want exposure and couldn't give a flying ratt fukk less about making $.98 on a CD right now. They (including me) want as many people as possible to hear their (our) music to build a fan base just like you did Lars. You Fukk.
Daronas

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 9:29 am    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

I remember, It was sunny summer afternoon in 1984. A couple of my friends and I were walking down to the rec center to smack the baseball around a bit. Matt says "dudes, I got this tape (badly recorded cassette) of this band called Metallica". It was Ride the Lightning. I was carrying a radio. I say "dude, pop it in and crank it". So he does. "Fight Fire with Fire" starts blaring from four inch rounds that sound like a Mexican blew 'em out in his lowrider. At that moment I knew I was a rocker for life. Nothing else could "Fuel" the fire. Disregard bad pun. Now the same band makes me sick. I will tell everyone right now, I downloaded Metallica mp3's from Napster. The songs I downloaded were from Justice and the Black album, both of which I have purchased on numerous occasions. Do I feel bad about it? No. Metallica is feeding the litigation machine. If the they are so concerned about money, why are they paying for their lawyers BMW's and putting their kids through college? They should be more concerned about that than the fact that some people for the moment may still want to listen to their music. One day Metallica will find themselves playing in front of a bunch of empty seats rather than a bunch of screaming, rabid fans that look as if they are tyring to separate their heads from their bodies. Metallica is a "Load" and "Re-Load" of s.hit.

Have you seen the picture of Lars on the first page of their website? He looks like one of the Gay Street Boys or something.

[This message has been edited by Daronas (edited 05-04-2000).]
sly

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 6:22 pm    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

Metallica sucks! I wouldn't download there songs from Napster anyhow, for the last time, Metallica equals weak vocals, lame guitar and boring, monotonous drums. They suck, that's why they are played on the radio and MTV, because they suck.
Up the Irons!
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 6:55 pm    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

For those interested, follow this link to CNET, where two lawyers from my firm (ahem) discuss the legal implications of the Napster cases
[url=http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-1814794.html]http://news.cne t.com/news/0-1005-200-1814794.html[/url]

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed therein do not necessarily represent those of DeathtofalseMetal.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 11:34 pm    Post subject:  Metallica fingers 335,435 Napster users Reply with quote

hey Metallica may be greedy bastards now, but i think that bands should still be paid for their work even if it is distributed through a computer. now if it is only a couple of clips from each album then they are making too big of a deal out of it, but if they have whole albums on napster( i dont have it so i dont know) then that's crossing the line. maybe if metallica were just to be removed from the napster list(again i dont know how it works), whereas the bands that want to be with napster can stay on. ive got to say that metallica do seem to be doing it just over money, but i think if they had been another band, maybe if motorhead had sued napster for instance(disregard the fact that motorhead probably wouldnt try to bull the same bs), then i dont think you guys would be too upset. i bet if iron maiden were sueing then you guys would be much more on iron maiden's side. but metallica are greedy bastards ill give you guys that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: