HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should HardRadio ban Metallica?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 12:59 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

We've been flooded lately with requests from all over the world for HardRadio to drop or limit our Metallica support. Users are citing the Napster controversy, Load and Reload, and this summer's "speedway tour" with KoRn.

We're open to your opinion......
Fretbuzz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 1:16 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

Definitely drop 'em. They seem to speak with forked tounge. Lars says he advocated the taping of live shows. When it comes to bootlegging I guess it is ok. But when there is big money involved then it becomes a big deal. What they are doing to Napster's users is ridiculous. Money corrupts. Power is money. They can find other avenues to push their music. Obviously we know that their bottom line is cash. I can see their point but, they will still make money off regular CD sales because a majority of the public is computer retarded. At least certain age groups. They better figure out a way to use the internet to their advatage. it will only help them in the long run.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 1:57 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

As I am pretty sure that I am one of the people who is least offended by Metallica's recent actions, I still have to say that I would not miss Metallica for a minute. They get way too much play anyways. I say so even as a fan of Load(dont like reload much though). Maybe if you played only their older songs, and did so sparingly. I am kindof surprised sometimes to see so much new Metallica played on this station. Personally i wouldnt mind it except that the songs are so damn overplayed on normal rock radio. You really couldnt lose too much from declining to play any more metallica.
Acacia70

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 4:58 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

my heart wouldn't break.
Ripperjack

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 5:25 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

Well - seeing as how I havent missed Metallica since the Black album - I suppose I wouldnt miss em any more if ya dropped um now - so go right ahead. >=]

Rip
Brian

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 7:05 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

Drop em
OverMuch

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 7:11 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

Tell Gene and Paul...er, I mean Lars and James to take a fukkin' hike.
AssaultAttack

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 7:31 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

I used to listen to Metallica quite a bit in my younger days…but even then I wouldn't have placed them in my top 25 bands. I sold all of my Metallica CD's back in 1990…haven't bought one since…and the only time they have really come to mind is when there is controversy brewing (making them part of my "small talk" arsenal). Wouldn't miss them if I never heard them again. There are much more original bands to spend my money on.
MetallicHead

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2000 8:12 am    Post subject: Should HardRadio ban Metallica? Reply with quote

Off with their Heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: