HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 4:12 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

The American music industry, from the major labels to MTV should all be put in a space shuttle and sent to the friggin sun. I don't even pay attention to popular music anymore. For the time being, we live in a complete pop culture, everything out there that younger people listen to is completely corporate bullsh@t. Hopefully were near the end of this phase, however. I'm hoping Maiden, Halford, and other vets of metal lead the way for some new metal acts to rise.
Valhallen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 11:24 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

As an American I know this country has a lot of great hard rock/metal bands. But, my question pertains to the mainstream.

Is the US considered to being a laughing stock by the rest of the world for releasing the majority of the world's most atrocious music around? You know, boy bands, girlie pop, rap, "Nu-metal",etc. Give me all the dirt, I want to know what people from other countries (and the US) feel about America's embarrassing contributions to music. How cheesy is the US?

NP: Pride & Glory - s/t (American Music that kicks ass!)
edison

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2000 11:57 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

It sucks living in america during this horrible time for music. Until i got on the net i didnt even know there were still bands actually making real hard rock and metal.
I never would have heard a great band like Iced Earth , lord knows youll never see them on mtv or hear them on the radio. People here are so into whatever mtv says is good they will never hear real bands.
Juggernutt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 3:14 am    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

The state of American music is tragic and pathetic. MTV's format sucks. Is return to the rock still on? If it is its probably at 4 or 5 in the morning when no one will see it. The biggest rock station in my area(which is the middle of nowhere) plays the same crap as mtv. They have a request show on fridays from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. and almost all the requests are for metal songs. You would think they would get the hint and add more metal into their format but noooo what do they do...apologize for playing AC/DC so early in the morning. I also was unaware of a lot of the new metal bands and some the old ones still putting out albums until I stumbled upon this oasis...this metalhead utopia. I think we should all go to the mtv website and request Iron Maiden for trl. It would probably kill them to actually play some real music.
V8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 5:29 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

your lucky in the uk we have the shame of having given the world the spice girls.
when they said they were going to tour the usa my hope was that they would be sent packing.
But No to your shame you let them stay, thats the most embarasing thing the usa music scene ever did.
I don`t no anyone who listens to them maybe if the pop fans in the usa send them packink they will go away.
When we send you crap like that please don`t listen buy some motorhead instead.
Thanks [url=http://www.mp3.com/v8]www.mp3.com/v8[/url]
Templar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 8:58 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

I hope and pray that people around the world don't hold the current American music scene against all Americans. I mean, if there are two cultures I respect, it's the Germans and the Japanese. I might not like everything their governments did in the 1930s and 1940s, but I don't hold that against the German and Japanese peoples as a whole. So I hope everyone realizes that there are Americans who are deeply ashamed of the atrocities perpetrated on the world by our music industry.
Daronas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 10:21 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

S.hit, if we Americans are responsible for such groups as N Sync, Gay Street Boys, Boyz ll Fags, I'll take the Spice Girls any day. At least they weren't too harsh on the eyes. Long live British metal!!
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 10:22 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

oh come on now, im sure the other countries have their share of music bs. sure Iron Maiden is actually popular in Spain, but the people there dont even know what the lyrics are about. They are just following another trend themselves which happens to be metal there. No matter where you are, there are going to be people who think about music(and lyrics) and those who just listen to it more casually and to make social connections. I dont think it is just an american thing to be trendy.
Darksoul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 6:47 am    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

Living in Australia we copy just about everything you guys do!Having said that the states has some of the best bands going around ! 75% of what I listen to comes from the US.Aussie metal bands get virtually no airplay because its conjested up with dance music.So many clubs have sold out live venues to that evil heartbeat crap.So if you think you guys have it bad ,try living down under!!We are lucky to get 1 or 2 international bands a year.Now I,m depressed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: