HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockangel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 3:53 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

I must say that despite all the crap put out there by the us in the last few years. I must say that at least ( here in So Cal) we get a lot of good hard rock bands both old and new. I only wish that they got the air time they deserved then maybe people in other countries would get the chance to hear and see them.
But remember: Everything cycles and hard rock is due to come crashing back thanks to people found here and sites like this.
Motorola

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 4:39 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

Well, a lot of great bands come from America, so you should be proud of that. Mainstream music from America does suck quite a lot, but it's pretty much the same everywhere. Perhaps the mainstream is more cheesy in America than elsewhere, but there are loads of bands you never here on the radio that actually rock quite hard (and well). It's like American beer, everybody only knows about Bud, Miller and Coors, but there are numerous small breweries people have never heard about that actually make decent beer.

When you mention cheesiness, I come to think of all the bands who have released cheesy records trying to make it in America... Remember Innocence Is No Excuse (1985) from Saxon? They failed to conquer America, however...
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 4:55 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

You think American popular music sucks? Have you ever listened to the popular music from Asia, the Middle East or non-English speaking European countries? Now THAT is some seriously hurting s.hit. It's not all Iron Maiden on Top of the Pops in the UK either. Nor did the U.S. hurl chunks like Kylie Manogue, ABBA, and countless others on the scene. I think it's safe to say that popular music the world over is some horrible crap.

By the way, at least in the U.S. we can be proud of the fact that we are one of the few countries where David Hasselhoff is not a pop star. Of course, we are still the nation responsible for "Bay Watch." You may consider that a good thing or a bad thing.

Note: I am in now way defending American popular music. I'm just saying that we are not alone in putting out garbage.
Misticmyst73

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 4:56 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

Music friggin sucks in the U.S. today.Hopeflly the great metal bands overseas will have an impact in the U.S. soon.But for now I guess we'll have to stick with the import CDs.I like thr idea of sending all the crap bands to the sun.
Bullgod10304

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2000 9:41 pm    Post subject: How do people around the world view the US mainstream's musi Reply with quote

How many times have we discussed this? Whatever happened to that horse thing that Spirit had mentioned before?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: