HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 12:18 am    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

Hey folks, that's right. UFO is back!! The line-up is Phil Mogg-Vocals, Pete Way-Bass, Aynsley Dunbar (ex-Whitesnake)-Drums, and...MICHAEL SCHENKER-Guitar. There will be a tour to follow, with about a month in Eruope, and (hopefully) a month in the US. If you haven't heard the last album (WALK ON WATER, 1995) you should check it out! CLASSIC UFO!! The new one promises to be pretty damn good too. July 25th is the tentative release date. This is EXTREMELY good news for fans of Classic Hard Rock/Metal.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 10:41 am    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

By the way, the album is tentatively titled COVENANT. This should be a good one....
DeathtofalseMetal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 10:41 am    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

"Walk on Water" very nearly did. I was lucky enough to see one of the four U.S. dates on that tour. Of course, they were all in the same club (the defunct Edge in Palo Alto, Cali.) And Schenker walked off stage during one of the shows and if memory serves, refused to play the fourth. So actually it was a two night tour. I think Nitro saw one of those dates, too.

Anyway, "Walk on Water" is probably the best example of melodic metal released in the 90s and I hope the new one is even half as good.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 12:40 pm    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

I caught them twice, the first time around with the original lineup and the second time around with Simon Wright on drums. They actually played a third time in between, again at the Edge, but somehow I missed that one. The second was the night after Mikey walked off stage due to numerous personal reason only he knows.. Made for quite the weird show as everyone was thinking he would walk off again.. Have to say, when he returned with MSG, yes at the Edge again, and this is the shows they recorded The Unforgiven World Tour cd, it was the best show ever.

Now that the Edge is defunct, I don't know where they will play around here...

If the cd is half as good as Walk on Water then we are in for another treat. Walk on Water had the same old UFO feel but with a bit updated sound from Mikey.. the MSG influence can be heard..

[This message has been edited by nitro4040 (edited 06-02-2000).]
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2000 12:01 am    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to see UFO here in San Diego on their WALK ON WATER tour in 1995. They were simply brilliant. They had Simon Wright on drums, and that was when I found out just how good he was/is. Everybody was in top form, and they gave an arena-worthy performance. I was hoping that that was jst the beginning for the reformed UFO. Little did I know that they wouldn't put out another album for 5 years. The 2 Mogg/Way CD's were good, as was MSG's UNFORGIVEN, but it is time for some CLASSIC UFO!
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2000 10:11 am    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

Has anyone else bought the 2 Mogg/Way CD's?
They're really UFO CD's without the name, and they're pretty damn good....
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 10:15 am    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

Check out my last post; does anyone else here have the two Mogg/Way CD's?

nitro4040

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 10:40 am    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

so many cd's so little time (and money)..

I haven't picked up the mogg/way cd's. I want to get the Paul Raymond cd as I heard clips and its sounded great. Schenker clone on guitar and mogg on vox for a couple tracks. Way has a new solo cd out as well.

Now, if UFO has a new cd out, will they tour? and what does that do to the rumors of MSG touring with AC/DC?
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 11:34 pm    Post subject: NEW UFO CD ON JULY 25th. WITH SCHENKER!!! Reply with quote

From what I've read there will be a short (1 month) tour of the U.S. for UFO.

If you like UFO you should check out the Mogg/Way CD's. Like I've said before, they are UFO CD's without the UFO name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: