HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonlyWizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 9:53 am    Post subject: Interesting..... Reply with quote

HopeI'm not violating any copyright laws by copying and pasting this.....but, this sounds pretty promising for the future for Priest fans...

(7/19/00, 10 a.m. ET) - Former Judas Priest lead vocalist Rob Halford might be busy launching his new band, Halford, but that doesn't mean the metal master doesn't consider the possibility of hooking up with his previous band again. He left the Priest in the early '90s after two decades of service and tells LAUNCH, "The longer I'm away from it, the more I miss it." Halford says that it's just something that's ingrained in him. "You can't switch it on and off like a light switch. It's just in you, you know, it just won't let go. And I'm glad it doesn't, because it's just, that's it, you know. Some days I wake up in bed in a strange hotel room and I think I'm still in Judas Priest," he admits. "And I'm glad I think that way. And I have these dreams of being back with them on stage, and don't they say sometimes dreams come true? We'll see."
Halford says that there has been no talk of an actual reunion, but at least he's made strides toward patching up wounds stemming from his departure from the band after their 1990 album, Painkiller. "Families have fights and bust-ups," says Halford, "so you have to patch things up eventually. And that's what we're doing now, slowly but surely."

Judas Priest has ventured on without Halford, hiring Priest cover-band vocalist Tim "The Ripper" Owens as his replacement in the middle of the last decade. Owens's rags-to-riches story is the basis for the upcoming Mark Wahlberg film, So You Wanna Be A Rock Star, previously known as Metal God. Halford, meanwhile, continues to gear up for the release of his new band's debut, Resurrection and its opening slot on the arena tour of Iron Maiden and fellow support act Queensryche. The tour kicks off in Toronto on August 1. Resurrection arrives in stores a week later (August 8).

-- Neal Weiss, Los Angeles

Neckbreaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 10:02 am    Post subject: Interesting..... Reply with quote

First Bruce and now Rob. I can only dream that this reunion happens. Priest is my favorite band and I have never seen them with Halford!!! Pretty sad I know.

NP - Led Zeppelin:No Quarter
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 3:36 pm    Post subject: Interesting..... Reply with quote

You aren't alone Neckbreaker.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 4:15 pm    Post subject: Interesting..... Reply with quote

I hope it happens, but Ripper is talented enough so that any interim albums will be totally worthwhile for me. Plus, with his new record, it seems that Halford has finally got it right on his own.
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 8:04 pm    Post subject: Interesting..... Reply with quote

I'm with Metalfilm...we the fans win whichever way it comes out.
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 8:10 pm    Post subject: Interesting..... Reply with quote

I'd really like to hear a version of Bullet Train with Rob....too cool of a song to be wasted and Rob's vocal would add a new dimension to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: