HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poison the right antidote.......
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 7:59 am    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

I'm there tonite. Viva NashVegas!

I just want to see Dokken and Cinderella. My friend wants to see Poison - yikes. I told her I didn't know how long I'd be able to listen to them without putting a gun to my head. Somebody Save Me!
SAR2K

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 8:03 am    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Heather does Dokken still have George Lynch on guitar???
Steve...
DemonlyWizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 8:41 am    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

I saw the show last week in Charlotte. It was a good show....heard Slaughter from the parking lot, so can't comment on them. Dokken was good musically, but had zero stage presence. I could not tell if it was really Dokken or a cardboard cutout of him on stage. Reb is definitely a good addition to the band. Cinderella was definitely the best band of the night, and kicked everyone's a.ss that was there. Definitely one of the better bands of the era. And Poison was Poison, pyro, party songs, cheese, good show, very entertaining. But CC still sucks.

And, Reb Beach plays guitar for Dokken, and Lynch is nowhere to be found. He's probably doing some rap songs or something.
novadude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 10:27 am    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Glad you had a good time bro!!! The Poison show in Pittsburgh just wasn't the same without '80's Al being present! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]
Lockfist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 12:20 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Hasnt Dokken been around longer than all those other bands. I've always thought of them as hard rock/ heavy metal - never hair band.

I'm going to see this concert next month. Ive had the pleasure (?) of seeing Slaughter a couple times, back when Gene Simmons was lugging them around.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 1:56 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Dokken's been around longer, but Poison has better management. So the concert lineup goes.
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 4:47 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

For a start i HATE that term "hair" band. WHY? Because every rock and metal band from the late 60's til 1992 had hair. And i mean long and/or "big". If you didn't think Dokken was a "hair" band check out the In my Dreams video. I'm sorry folks but all metal/rock bands have hair. Quit looking at bands as "hair" bands and look at them as rock n roll bands - after all most of the rock-n-roll bands of the 80's kicked ASS - and they crapped on 90's alterna-krap from several miles high - END OF STORY...
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 5:20 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Me and GodOf80s are starting to become kindred spirits. Talk about "Mr. Scary."
novadude

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 7:02 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

quote[quote]most of the rock-n-roll bands of the 80's kicked ASS - and they crapped on 90's alterna-krap from several miles high - END OF STORY...[/quote]

I couldn't have said it any better myself! [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: