HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poison the right antidote.......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2000 11:31 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Reb Beach is on guitar for Dokken. And yes, Cinderella was very impressive even though I'm not a big fan b4 I saw them. But Poison??? My God did they suck! Bret Michaels has the range of a 90 year old man, he's gotten so bad they have CC De Suck singing a song! I could do the drummers drum solo with my pinky toe. Sorry guys, but Poison doesn't bring a damn thing to the table. Either Dokken or Cinderella should have been the main act.
Ripperjack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 6:02 am    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Mucho glad to be there for ya bro. Anywhere, anytime...

The show was great! The next day wasnt...hehe - I felt like I had been dropped out of a plane at 30k feet and didnt have a 'chute - landed and didnt die...all broken and sore...hehe

I still cant believe they wouldnt sell us beer after 10pm - damn that Spanky!

Rip
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 7:03 am    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Saw Dokken and Cinderella last night. Both bands kicked major @ss.

Jeff Pilson got beaned in the head by Don Dokken's mic stand, but he was able to finish the show.

Had to endure three Poison songs for my friends sake. It was three songs too many. They have the same stage set up as last year. Boooorrrrinnnngggg!

Lockfist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 12:18 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

God I wonder how long you are going to state the obvious and bring something profound to the board. No sh*t the 80's bands ruled. Do you hear anybody talking about alternative bands ? Stop preaching to the choir and give us some insight. F*Cking aye, I dont need 4,400 cd's to name drop bands without any real commentary. "Hair Bands" is a reference to the generic pop-rock bands of the genre. Everyone had long hair, no sh*t but they didnt use 47 cans of hairspray to keep it puffed up either. Therefore the term "Hair Bands" - CASE CLOSED. If you didnt bitch about vernacular you wouldnt have anything to say.

KoRn Sux !! END OF STORY.
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 12:49 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Whether you like the term hair bands or not, fact is, it is used to describe the watered down, corporate, makeup wearing, 37 bottles of hairspray, bullsh#t glam, garbage that gave heavy metal a bad name in the late 80's and early 90's. There are too many of those crap "hair bands" to even start to mention. Its amazing to me that a self proclaimed musical genious like GODOF80s can't see what garbage this music was/is, and what a negative impact it had and is still having on heavy music.
DemonlyWizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 1:14 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

I don't think the hair bands themselves gave heavy music and metal a bad name, it was the corporate executives and the record industry that decided to lump the glam rockers with the true heavy metal bands of the time, and called bands like Poison, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, etc. 'heavy metal'. Those bands are as metal as Pavarotti. Metal or not, its still all rock 'n' roll, and I like it.....from the hair bands to the thrashin' stuff. And I feel Cinderella gets a bad rap because they did use tons of hair spray, but they are a killer blues-based pure rock 'n' roll band.

NP: Caught in a Mosh - Anthrax!
GODOF80S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 1:16 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

Man - i am finding out more and more every day what pathetic people post on these boards. GENERIC? What the F++K is that? Shotgun Messiah - House of Lords - Black N Blue - Saigon Kick - Lillian Axe - Dokken? You call them F+++N generic??? Man - you people PISS me off! And yes they all had "big" hair. The only people who talk about "hair" bands are f++++n burnouts who can't appreciate or respect the wizardry of songwriting with "hook" (what a concept!) and kickass guitar players. Most of today's metal musicians lived and breathed those type of bands not just thrash. Say what you want but at least those bands could sell 20,000 tickets in an arena and put on a great show. "NEGATIVE" influence on today's metal??????? HAHAHAHAAHAH - i laugh at your idiocy. Only a pathetic piece of teenybopping garbage would spout such blasphemy. Do me a favor - go see the bands "live" that you love to rag on so much and then you can have an opinion. til then shut the F**K up and LISTEN. You might learn something. CASE CLOSED......
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 2:09 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

You make me laugh.

Have "Shotgun Messiah - House of Lords - Black N Blue - Saigon Kick - Lillian Axe" ever sold out 20,000 seat arenas??? And you call me an idiot???

Well, this is the first time I've been called a burnout. Seeing as I wear a shirt and tie everyday to work and my hair is shorter than a bankers.

You call me a piece of teenybopping garbage????? Im 27 and have been a dedicated fan of true heavy metal since I was 12 years old.

How many times have you seen Helloween with Kiske singing? I was at both Keeper tours. How many times have you seen Maiden live? I've yet to miss a Maiden tour since the World Piece Tour. I was in the 6th grade and saw Metallica in a club on the Ride the Lightning tour in Cleveland. I was a fan of Pantera when they were opening for Wrathchild America in clubs the size of my basement. So bite me you pr*ck. Your 4,400 CD's and you know it all attitude mean sh#t to me.
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 2:15 pm    Post subject: Poison the right antidote....... Reply with quote

I can handle small doses of glam rock, and do see glimpses of more than average talent here and there, but basically I totally agree with Brian's first post. It never should have been tagged 'metal'; it was generally just mindless party rock and not much more. Yuck.

(Before someone starts throwing things my way, remember that we are all entitled to our opinions, and no amount of debating will change mine.=))

[This message has been edited by Peppermint Patty (edited 07-20-2000).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: