HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New news about Zakk's guitars and the Phil situation...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ripperjack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 5:42 am    Post subject: New news about Zakk's guitars and the Phil situation... Reply with quote

I just heard on [url=http://www.thetourbus.com]www.thetourbus.com[/url] straight from the mouth of Zakk exactly what happened with both these stories - I thought it was interesting so here ya'll go...the Ripper version..hehe:

About the two "stolen" guitars - it turns out the tech guys driving the U-Haul truck didnt lock the doors all the way and somewhere between Houston and Dallas at 75 mph the doors swung open and the two guitars were flung out. Zakk was pretty amazed they didnt lose more equipment considering how long they drove with the doors open.

The replica guitar was recovered because it almost "impaled someone when it flew out" (straight from Zakks mouth)...but the "Grail" -Bullseye- is still out there somewhere...hopefully off to the side of the road somewhere - the whole Texas chapter of BLS is out searching for it - I just wish I could go help.

About the drummer - Phil. No Zakk and Phil did not beat each other up - actually Phil walked off-stage and when Zakk asked what was wrong he just said he coundlt do it - he was completely 'faced. So he was sent home for medical attention as he might have something physically wrong due to too much drinkin'. According to the interview Zakk said he was still in the band but is out of commission for the time being.

And among other news - Ryan from Hair of the Dog said they will be touring with Zakk starting in Aug and will be going thru the south and eastern US. Which means THEY WILL BOTH BE IN ATLANTA AT THE SAME TIME!!! (God I hope...)

Well, thats it - talk atcha soon.

Ripper
Peppermint Patty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 7:05 am    Post subject: New news about Zakk's guitars and the Phil situation... Reply with quote

Zakk AND Hair of the Dog??? Nashville??? Sept. 20??? This is better than sex....

Well, okay. Not. (But it's close!!!) [img]http://axl.hardradio.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 7:34 pm    Post subject: New news about Zakk's guitars and the Phil situation... Reply with quote

Thanks for the update on the guitars. That's pretty trippy about the guitar falling out of the truck. Maybe next time they'll put the important guitars in the bus bays.

I'm so there - wherever there may be - September 20.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: